To Float or Bond what is the difference

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dagenhamboy

Hi there i work for the local council all our work is priced on targets in a N H 5 book which is nationwide for council work i had to plaster a kitchen this week and given a code which says "Bond and set " this is mind we only use S/C so no carlite brand is used we also and get a pva code which is extra the price for this is £5.99m. But in the NH5 there is another code priced at £9.75m and this down as "Float and set" i have asked other plasterers this question but no one no's the answer .."What is the difference between Bond and set and Float and set " there could be a extra £100 for me is there is a answer..

I doubt your line manager will know either, so go for the higher rate. And post up a list of all the rates from the NH5 pleeeeease :RpS_biggrin:

Oh, and bond and set will be on boardwork, float and set typically on brick/blockwork I reckon:RpS_thumbup:

Bond and set will be a thin coat of bonding followed by finish.

Float and set will be thick coat of backing followed by finish.

I've worked for a builder before who says "bond & skim" when he means pva & skim.
But you would think bonding & skim.

I try to post some N H 5 plastering prices soon and we get extra for our pva that on a difference price but we are talking about plasterer on to a painted brick or concrete surface but on the "bond and Set" it does say to dub out 12mm wheres that no tight coat well not in my world..

Be interested to see what ya dampproofing rates are.....some gezzer posted he gets £150 m2 for housing assosiations......:RpS_scared:

Maybe one mean a light wait gypsum back coat ( bonding) and the other is floating with sand and cement.

That would make sense, as you can skim over bonding later the same day. S/C you cant, which justifies the higher price perhaps...

Hi there i work for the local council all our work is priced on targets in a N H 5 book which is nationwide for council work i had to plaster a kitchen this week and given a code which says "Bond and set " this is mind we only use S/C so no carlite brand is used we also and get a pva code which is extra the price for this is £5.99m. But in the NH5 there is another code priced at £9.75m and this down as "Float and set" i have asked other plasterers this question but no one no's the answer .."What is the difference between Bond and set and Float and set " there could be a extra £100 for me is there is a answer..

Float and set will be hardwall and skim, the company ur working for will be Axis (I think) based in / Vauxhall in London :RpS_thumbup:

about six yrs ago I was getting 85p m2 supply and apply pva for refurb work doncaster council and £7 m2 supply skim reskims.

Scan 121880001.jpg sorry right way this time

Dryline pads and dabs lol.....

Seriously tho....skimming ceilings...over £5 a metre.
£4.17 for walls.
Happy days if there's loads to go at, but i would assume there's never a 'big' job is there?

Status
Not open for further replies.