Tired of searching

Status
Not open for further replies.

ribe3

Hi all,

After going through loads of threads I found someone with a similar problem but they got no positive advice so I thought I would try my luck

His problem was (Hi guys just looking for a bit of advice. I've got to skim a wall ( using multi finish) onto an internal cement render wall in an old house. The cement render hasn't been scratched so it has no key. I was just wondering whether i'd be ok to just PVA it a couple of times or whether i'd need to use gypbond or something similar.)

I have the same issue and wondered if I should pva the wall first then unibond,scratch it up then multifinish as in the long term I don't want hairline cracks appearing. I did think about just boarding up and plastering but most likely they would come away in time so any advice would be welcome

Lash on the pva mixed 50/50 with water. Give it 3 or 4 coats. Skim away!

Which part??
The bit where you are skimming over old S&C, why would the PVA not kill the suction, and why would there be any problem. Have actually done any plastering before? The reason no threads about your problem is that most people would not consider it one.

Sent from my HUAWEI G6-L11 using Tapatalk

The bit where you are skimming over old S&C, why would the PVA not kill the suction, and why would there be any problem. Have actually done any plastering before? The reason no threads about your problem is that most people would not consider it one.

You sound as harsh as the people who replied to the other guy and yes plastered before but just trying to get good advice who have experience to give rather pointless negativity.that wastes everyones time

@Pug has given you the correct advice so crack on. Dont be too put off by some harsh replies as alot of accounts get set up just to cause trouble so please dont be offended. Best of luck and stick some pics up when youve finished??

You sound as harsh as the people who replied to the other guy and yes plastered before but just trying to get good advice who have experience to give rather pointless negativity.that wastes everyones time
Sorry man, just can not understand how a plasterer can have the neck to ask the question you did. A bit like saying your plumber but need some advice on fitting a tap.

Sorry man, just can not understand how a plasterer can have the neck to ask the question you did. A bit like saying your plumber but need some advice on fitting a tap.

Its in the DIY section so doubt its a plasterer.

@Pug has given you the correct advice so crack on. Dont be too put off by some harsh replies as alot of accounts get set up just to cause trouble so please dont be offended. Best of luck and stick some pics up when youve finished??
Thanks Pug I think some people just have too much time on their hands and too many free minutes on their devices LOL!!

its in the DIY section...

Its in the diy section you numpty!!

Thanks for the advice and I realise that I made a mistake by not posting more info on the type of wall as its a poured readicrete wall into a form or mould if you prefer and quite old. I had not come across this type before and wasn't sure how it would react to new plaster etc so my apologies to everyone for confusing the issue

Status
Not open for further replies.