Tips

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rotsocks7

Is it normal to recieve tips.
I nearly always recieved between 10 and 20% on top of the quoted price.
I charge £75 a set for skimming(extra for bonding and boarding)
I always make sure every job is left spot on with everything clean and tidy ready for painting.

perhaps you charge too litte and customersfeels compelle to pay more? hard to say really

i always make the effort to leave the place spotless when im done, mostly tidier than when i first went into the property! and i usually end up with a tip 8) i dont quote too cheap, but i charge what i think is the bare minumum i will do the job for as im still learning also :)

yawn.......so for the £400 quid job you get between £40-£80 tip /10-20% ?
Who do you think believes that bollox?Nearly always gets tips lol get real.

skimmin2day said:

What on earth are you talking about.
For the £400 job i completed this weekend i got a £50 tip so thats 12.5% but have recieved a higher % on some of the smaller jobs i have completed in the past.
Why would i want to make this up!!!

Why on earth would I make this

I got my fist tip the other day, £20 extra but usually the cheeky monkeys say "how much was it again" thinking you have forgotten and may charge less, tell them more and they soon remember

skimmin2day said:
(german person) nuff said

Not just me then!!!
I am new to this so was just interested in finding out if this is the norm.
I have a rough idea of the going rate is for a full time plasterer and I know that I offer good value for money.
I always recommend my customers get alternative quotes so am am assuming they must realise they are getting a good deal.

billy some peeps really hate it when others like urself get what they want and cant get, . fair play if you get the tips. ;D :D

i hate that when they ask how much was it again and then they hand u an envelope all sealled with the right amount in, so they bloody know how much they just think u might knock a little bit off

Status
Not open for further replies.