Tiny holes all over wall

Squawk

Hey all,

I found the below after removing the wallpaper from a top floor room in the house we just moved into.
Plaster.JPG

These little holes are all over the wall. As far as I can tell its plaster over brickwork. It looks like someone has thrown darts at the entire wall...

Any idea what might cause this and what I should do about it? I'm considering just skimming it (or getting it skimmed).

Scrim tape will be impossible: I may as well scrim the entire wall. I haven't counted (obviously), but there must be in excess of a thousand holes. If I just skim over the top will that work?

Just skim it, those little holes dont need scrim or bonding

Or do zombies trick of some bonding in you first coat of multi if it makes you nervous

Ok thanks all, I think I have a plan.

1. Buy all plastering gear
2. Skim the wall
3. Scowl at the wall, utter a couple of choice words, attempt to remove the plaster
4. Call someone to do a proper job.

Alas, I don't have these sense to skip points 1-3.

Ok thanks all, I think I have a plan.

1. Buy all plastering gear
2. Skim the wall
3. Scowl at the wall, utter a couple of choice words, attempt to remove the plaster
4. Call someone to do a proper job.

Alas, I don't have these sense to skip points 1-3.
Buy a speedskim, s*p*r*lex, eze spat, plaziflex and a sponge float and you'll be fine(y)

Hey all,

I found the below after removing the wallpaper from a top floor room in the house we just moved into.
View attachment 12473

These little holes are all over the wall. As far as I can tell its plaster over brickwork. It looks like someone has thrown darts at the entire wall...

Any idea what might cause this and what I should do about it? I'm considering just skimming it (or getting it skimmed).
I would not skim over them holes.

Other option I suppose is to remove all the existing plaster and start fresh. Or maybe try and fill the holes. Either of those sensible?

They only baby holes compared to what I been skimming this last week
f**k that skimming I did one set today and said f**k this. I phoned one of my lads to leave the other job and call down to finish the job I was at. I just went and price up 2 other jobs. Did 2 weeks of skimming it's boring as f**k