timber lintel

Status
Not open for further replies.

oasis

have a job were there is a huge timber lintel between 2 living rooms, they want it skimed smooth and then papered after, we cant dab over as it has skirting's in way and loads of other bit and bobs so what can be done to cover it?

thank youuuuuuuuuu

oasis said:
flat boy skim said:
y would a lintel have skirting on it ??? ???

LOL skirting's in the WAY as in cant dab board on as it will add to much to the wall
yes i no what u meen but a lintel goes across the ceiling or a door ???

yeah, he wants to get over the lintel, but there are skirting boards on the bottom of the wall. if he dabs the wall out, they will pass the skirting board.

steve cov said:
yeah, he wants to get over the lintel, but there are skirting boards on the bottom of the wall. if he dabs the wall out, they will pass the skirting board.
got it ;)

like he said theres loads of other bits n bobs in the way. probably a radiator and wall lights. sockets, light switch, like warrior said eml and bonding

or sounds daft mix some sbr into a slurry with some bonding and bed mesh 100mm over the joint and go over it

Expanded metal secured with galvanised nails or dry wall screws, ample coat of Carlite bonding and freshly topped with Carlite multifinish,
PS on close inspection you might have to treat the timber lintel with cuprinol 5 star prior to securing the EML.

sc6 said:
Expanded metal secured with galvanised nails or dry wall screws, ample coat of Carlite bonding and freshly topped with Carlite multifinish,
PS on close inspection you might have to treat the timber lintel with cuprinol 5 star prior to securing the EML.
your better off putting building parer over any wood befor fixing eml on any job

oasis said:
my labour said cant we use a planer and take it back a few mill then board it!
thats your idear but your using him lol

not just skirting.. its an opening with stagered shelving that lips over the edge............ there i said it.

you know like

------- --------
---- -----
-- --

Hi Oasis where can i get a bucket like your picture?? seems like garilla tubs took over the planet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

oasis said:
not just skirting.. its an opening with stagered shelving that lips over the edge............ there i said it.

you know like

------- --------
---- -----
-- --
nail some skrim on it

A good alternative to building paper is the breathable under slating felt such as CROMAR or PERMAVENT. Can be a bit pricey, but should pick up a 50M roll for £30-£35. Folds and cuts like cloth and will take render and plaster ;)

Journeyman said:
A good alternative to building paper is the breathable under slating felt such as CROMAR or PERMAVENT. Can be a bit pricey, but should pick up a 50M roll for £30-£35. Folds and cuts like cloth and will take render and plaster ;)

i have loads of this in are dads yard! nice 1

Status
Not open for further replies.