Tilling before skimming

Members online

Stevooknows

Hi guys
I do some work for a bathroom fitter fairly regularly sort of couple of days a month.
He fits for a couple of high street bathroom suppliers. But always tiles and fits the bath before I plasterer. Had a chat with him this morning that went something like
All your jobs are a fecking pain why the feck do you do this are you trying to make my life more difficult. He then said he has to do it this way for various reasons that I wasn't bothered listening to anymore. I was just wondering if any other guys find people doing this for any reason. Cheers

Today's job
IMG_4767.JPG
IMG_4763.JPG
IMG_4764.JPG
IMG_4766.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Unless I really needed the work or they were unbelievable money I wouldn't do them , same for skimming after kitchen fitted.

As I do both tiling and plastering.... That's just weird. Plaster it and have flat walls for your tiles too. But hey ho if they pay ok then whatever lol

He pays ok and he is actually not a bad bloke but it's like this every time it's does get on my wick. Sometimes he fully tiles the walls then gets me to skim the ceiling

I've made them take down all the wall units and cover all the bases with corex and it's still sh1t

sounds like a cowboy to me... skimming bathrooms was what i did tonnes of... no matter how neat you are that cant always look good

Finished one today funnily enough and overboarded ceiling and float and skim walls over 2 days.
All walls will be tiled top to bottom I left it with cross trowel skim flat.
Would anyone else have run a light brush across for key?

Hi guys
I do some work for a bathroom fitter fairly regularly sort of couple of days a month.
He fits for a couple of high street bathroom suppliers. But always tiles and fits the bath before I plasterer. Had a chat with him this morning that went something like
All your jobs are a fecking pain why the feck do you do this are you trying to make my life more difficult. He then said he has to do it this way for various reasons that I wasn't bothered listening to anymore. I was just wondering if any other guys find people doing this for any reason. Cheers

Today's job View attachment 16657View attachment 16658View attachment 16659View attachment 16660

The simple reason he does it and kitchen fitters do it is to get their money out first, no other reason.

Finished one today funnily enough and overboarded ceiling and float and skim walls over 2 days.
All walls will be tiled top to bottom I left it with cross trowel skim flat.
Would anyone else have run a light brush across for key?

No just in case they change their mind about what's tiled

Hi guys

Today's job View attachment 16657View attachment 16658View attachment 16659View attachment 16660

Fair play to you if you get the right money, nice neat job(y)

Hi guys

Maybe he's disorganized same as many and therefore last minute.com , I guess it's case of put up if it's beneficial or just fuk it off if it's not .