Tiles and Coving

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

Basher

Hey up lads, i dont know where to post this i'm in need of some advice!!! Been to look at a job and its reskim in bathroom up to tiles, thing is they want coving now does cove adhesive stick to tiles??? if so whats the prep involved like scratch the tiles or anything??? cheers lads

i take it you are plastering the lid? stick your coving as normal it will stick to the lid OK but you need to get some fixings through the tiles drill where there is a grout line carefully with "NO hammer on " plug it and screw No6 screws don't over tight, let the coving set first. before drilling. or you can putt small pins through the coving and grout joint and into the plaster, hope this helps ;)

I use 30 or 40 mm sheradised pins through grout lines with cove adhesive. Depending on the finish of the tile, it's surprising how well BG cove adhesive sticks to them. I've had to use a hammer and chisel to get cove adhesive off tiles before when ripping old coving down.

Just rake out the tile joint with a knife or tile scribe and use fix n grout, job done !!!! dont bother drilling ???, done loads no probs

Last one I did I used Dri-wall adhesive, put coving on as normal, believe me I wont be coming back off in an hurry.

Status
Not open for further replies.