tile

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.
W

walltowall

;) can you tile over a painted wall or do you have to pva it

Dont use PVA with cement based tile addies no manufacturer will guarrantee it if it fails use the primer they recommend.
Lucius

test the paint with tape...duct tape i think stick it on leave it for 5 mins then take it off...if paint comes off its all gotta come off...usually find walls which weren't sealed with a 50/50 miscoat first before painting are a problem and the tape will pull all the paint away. If paint is sound score with stanley knife and use a suitable primer and cement based adhesive. Dont use PVA tiles will come away from the wall.

Scratch it / score it then tile it no problem.unless you using very expensive stone dont worry all will be fine.

FreeD said:
test the paint with tape...duct tape i think stick it on leave it for 5 mins then take it off...if paint comes off its all gotta come off...usually find walls which weren't sealed with a 50/50 miscoat first before painting are a problem and the tape will pull all the paint away. If paint is sound score with stanley knife and use a suitable primer and cement based adhesive. Dont use PVA tiles will come away from the wall.
a 50/50 miscoat that would be like trying to roll water on the wall or ceiling

skimming2day do you stick youre finger up youre ass while youre wanking?

This reminds me about the time when i was in a chinese brothel and my half hour was nearly up so i got a helping hand as it were ..... mmm

Status
Not open for further replies.