Tiger stripes lines

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pink_velvet

Cant stop getting these in my work its only recently too. Tiger stripes ive tried double coating using fresh finnish corect timing really frustrating Any ideas? Bad plaster,trowel,plasterboard like having the shanks at golf lol.
12 years plastering ready to hang trowel up!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 3,848
Reasons for me are; new trowel, stuff too deep, going over too soon, having trouble with my new spat with these atm

Persevere and adapt, as soon as I see these when I'm twoweling I know I'm doing something wrong, il alter the trowel angle,the pressure or water etc and go over it again and they disappear. It's not the gear from my experiences.

Happened to me yesterday, I found cleaning the trowel more often and less angle on trowel sorts it out.

Aye a defo think its angel and pressure , or on it to soon with the angle that you are using on that trowel round the wall . It has got worse lately well last few years i think with these but as said just change ur angle pressure water etc or on it to soon . Ive seen them in my wall but never been a problem . Normally to much edge on your trowel

That looks more like Bruce Lee' s art:D
We have this discussion very often on here and we saw tiger- tiger on the wall and I thought mines are bad, but looking at this makes me feel like a champion:numberone:. Been there done that, lesson learned! Till the next tiger shows up:LOL::rayos:

Cant stop getting these in my work its only recently too. Tiger stripes ive tried double coating using fresh finnish corect timing really frustrating Any ideas? Bad plaster,trowel,plasterboard like having the shanks at golf lol.
12 years plastering ready to hang trowel up!

@BritishGypsum did a q&a on here and answered that question

Tiger stripes caused by troweling when wetting if the plaster hasn't gone off enough or ur going up n down and then across !U need to keep to the same pattern all the time

Your wrong there, 3 experienced spreads all getting them over board on same job, get different stuff and they all disappear.

I'm not wrong mate at all, you never mentioned 3 experienced spreads, you said you've been getting them bad for weeks, if you've been getting them for weeks why haven't you put them right as you go ? Its not the gear but the the person putting it on the wall.

I think its with all the hype of the speed skim makes it set quicker , pazzie trowels ahh u can fin earlier .... Just getting on it to early is the problem i think .....

On it to early with to much edge thats all , flatten the trowel down abit and mayb a dab of water like
I think that's about right, getting on the gear just a few minutes later can make all the difference. Usually changing the trowel angle sorts it out but if it doesn't just wait a while or try troweling a different area first.

Status
Not open for further replies.