Tiger stripes ffs

Members online

Well I ain't cross growling or adding water or f**k all these tiger stripes can stay where they f**k**g are. Still not bad for 35 quid
20191027_134837.jpg

I had this last year first trowel after flatten it was striping, I think the cold was the main problem. I’ve been struggling again lately so I put the medi away(piece of s**t) and got my oldest most worn in skimming trowel back into use. Two coats, flatten, them trowel up with a water bottle, light spray seems to stop the skim from marking up. Much better. People say don’t use water but I’d struggle to get a finish without using water.

I had this last year first trowel after flatten it was striping, I think the cold was the main problem. I’ve been struggling again lately so I put the medi away(piece of s**t) and got my oldest most worn in skimming trowel back into use. Two coats, flatten, them trowel up with a water bottle, light spray seems to stop the skim from marking up. Much better. People say don’t use water but I’d struggle to get a finish without using water.
I need water

I need water

You 100% get a better finish by using water i dont care what anyone says of course has to be the right amount and troweled off but thats just basics.

I find a heater in a room whilst setting up and getting the set on can help when its sitework/ extensions / empty houses etc.

I dont think finish likes the cold and i also think it coincides thats when we start with he halogens as lights shorter so bevome aware of it more.

You 100% get a better finish by using water i dont care what anyone says of course has to be the right amount and troweled off but thats just basics.

I find a heater in a room whilst setting up and getting the set on can help when its sitework/ extensions / empty houses etc.

I dont think finish likes the cold and i also think it coincides thats when we start with he halogens as lights shorter so bevome aware of it more.
I.ve finish with no water before and its looked spot on but funny enough only ever with multi and only on ceilings . Only done it three times though

cant recall ever seing tigers on ceiling only walls think its to thick on walls when coating out to beads , I switch over to plazi soon as they start to show then back to steel later

im starting to not care anymore as i know its flat so doesn’t matter how it looks. I did some skimming at home recently after removing a wall. Both lids were diff levels so had to bring one half inch down. Looked minging drying. And minging dry. Painted up absolutely bang on. I painted it myself.

32F1E4AA-0F62-4EEA-A7E6-38E6213F02A8.jpeg
1D5312D0-B4C5-4FDE-99AC-4DE73EF20812.jpeg

this One was board. Dried patchy.

AF82155A-5718-49BC-922A-36C62D27D6C2.jpeg

this one was board. Done exactly the same way and when i went back to quote More work I thought it was painted. Dried all one color looked great. Couldn’t get pic as was just walking through but this was it

570D6623-56FC-4332-97BC-4E4C08BF2DAE.jpeg

it’s got to be variations in the product that effect how it looks dry. Obviously over watering at wrong time won’t help. You can do it all by the book and some days dries perfect other it doesn’t

high strength plaster is self heating.
cold water slows down setting times aswell mate.

horrible time of the year for it (y)