Thoughts please

Status
Not open for further replies.

User________removed

Private Member
Just been to price a job and whilst there the customer asked me if i could sort a chimney breast out in another room, Its Artexed so thinking i might over-skim it ?
Obviously ill have to scrape the skirts back a bit and clean the socket off, just concerned about losing to much off the width of the room. Cheers all :RpS_thumbsup:

View attachment 2587

Pva..
mix finish bonding together quite stiff
Let it set a bit ..flatten.
1 heavy coat of skim.
or strip it all and render.
either way £200 plus mats.

Dot & Dab would cost to much mate, i was thinking more along the lines of knocking up a full bag lay on nice and thick then rule it off with a speedskim.

Way too heavy for skim it'd look shoite when it all shrinks back, do what algeeman said but I'd use 2 coats of multi when skimming it

Dot & Dab would cost to much mate, i was thinking more along the lines of knocking up a full bag lay on nice and thick then rule it off with a speedskim.

Only a steady days work there.. not your fault its RAF, charge him...

Doesn't matter who it is, if you have to do it a certain way they have to pay for it, chances are you can cut corners to be nice and they will still **** you over by having you back if there not happy

Only pulling your chains, got ceiling to board and walls to float in next room.
Im just gonna hack the skirt off board and skim. Was just gobsmacked that someone would cover the skirt and socket....

Only pulling your chains, got ceiling to board and walls to float in next room.
Im just gonna hack the skirt off board and skim. Was just gobsmacked that someone would cover the skirt and socket....
Ok skirt off:RpS_thumbsup:, socket off and chase in, glue wall, bonding coat, flatten off, devil it, when set enough skim it with 2 coats of multi, fit socket back on loosely and tell customer to screw it in fully the next day, thats exactly how i would do it, thought anybody whos a good spread would of known that though:RpS_lol:

That's a ball ache job. Got to pay up to sort that shite out

I'm using The Plasterers Forum Mobile App

Just been to price a job and whilst there the customer asked me if i could sort a chimney breast out in another room, Its Artexed so thinking i might over-skim it ?
Obviously ill have to scrape the skirts back a bit and clean the socket off, just concerned about losing to much off the width of the room. Cheers all :RpS_thumbsup:

View attachment 2587

I think spanky's skimming is coming on IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.