Thoughts on the sponge float

love me sponge n made life easier few times so :burlas: but whatever suits you , I don't care if yer rub a dead cat on the wall its your jobs and finish wot ever works for you I'm happy:birra:

have used it - have seen it used

Lol.
You must not be using it correctly then!

Why would you quote that you have used it, then that you have seen it used?
Can anyone else smell something?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lol.
You must not be using it correctly then!

Why would you quote that you have used it, then that you have seen it used?
Can anyone else smell something?

you hinted on your earlier reply most comment on this , & they haven't used it - I replied I have & seen it used - hence my comments - I don't comment on things I haven't tryed - or incite arguments - keep smelling what ever it is you think you are smelling :)

you hinted on your earlier reply most comment on this , & they haven't used it - I replied I have & seen it used - hence my comments - I don't comment on things I haven't tryed - or incite arguments - keep smelling what ever it is you think you are smelling :)

Why would you quotethat you have seen it used after you have already tried it??
Why would you try it and risk the 'rep' you are trying to keep.
[emoji87]

Again if you have used it (which I doubt) you are using it wrong. It can be of great benefit to domestic spreads like yourself on re skims etc.
I first tried it after plastering for 17yrs and wish I'd known sooner

I first saw sponges on site some years ago - that's how I knew about them & saw them being used to speed up & save areas that had been put on

You assume a lot & I'm not spending a afternoon convincing you of my plastering merits .Have a good Sunday

They don't speed up or save areas................
And it's not a plastering merit whether you use one or not, I never said it was.

I know plenty of lads around ossy & accy Phil! Don't necessarily need a forum to know who's decent and who isn't!
Have a good sunday

You assume a lot & I'm not spending a afternoon convincing you of my plastering merits .Have a good Sunday

Please could you give some more information on those plastering merits as i am keen to learn new methods .Do merits leave a good finish compared to a trowel?.

L
I use a sponge float lads. It's not for everyone I agree with you there but those who have said you cannot achieve a quality finish are talking nonsense or are just not a good enough spread to master it. This video shows you the basics of it guys but we all have our little differences in how it's used so there is no wrong or right in technique:

What type of sponge are you using ie coarse or fine. Never used one before, but thinking about try one out. Been in the trade for 30 years, anything to make life ease. Got the plaz trowels, speed skim , so willing to try anything new

Last edited by a moderator: