Thought I'd seen it all

Status
Not open for further replies.

mickey07

Hi chaps it's been a while since I posted on here,anyway skimmed my mates kitchen out the usual crack bit of bonding here and there then a skim,anyway he told me he had his through lounge ceilings doing overboard and skim a few years ago,went in and took a look!ffs....they only overboarded with 9.5 up to the lip of the coving (yes they didn't take the coving down) and then continued to skim on the new board and match the coving up with it to try and hide the joint,FFs it looks shocking and they done him for £750 nicker as well...well and truly in the net...I don't know how they feckin sleep at night....

I've done that before,the customer didn't want the cove taken down, so I did what was asked and skimmed into the cove, it looks like a turned cove ceiling now its painted

Hi chaps it's been a while since I posted on here,anyway skimmed my mates kitchen out the usual crack bit of bonding here and there then a skim,anyway he told me he had his through lounge ceilings doing overboard and skim a few years ago,went in and took a look!ffs....they only overboarded with 9.5 up to the lip of the coving (yes they didn't take the coving down) and then continued to skim on the new board and match the coving up with it to try and hide the joint,FFs it looks shocking and they done him for £750 nicker as well...well and truly in the net...I don't know how they feckin sleep at night....

Not so shocking bud about the coving at least but the £750 :RpS_lol:

You want to see the joint all the way around 1/10....why didnt they just take the cove down and put new up I said...his answer was?i don't know...it looks total shite.

If it was cornice etc i would keep the boards half a inch off the cornice and put the board edge stop bead things on , makes a added effect to the cornice/cove . If its a standard cove though really easier and better to just take down and replace

Aye mickyboy it will be fine , if its a lath ceiling you can fix the last bit into them , obviously no thin cuttings along the edge it would be a full board so plenty screws in the rest of it . And yes it does make a nice/decent finish to a job other wise would look **** or have to remove the cornice, or try cutting the ceilings out pulling that down leaving coving up if it stays which u never no then board inside of it but bit of a chew on !

Status
Not open for further replies.