thought i had seen it all

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

toot

started a refurb job today and was unibonding a ceiling it was very flexable when i pulled a bit down to see what was going on. someone had put hardboard over lath and plaster and skimmed the rough side then it had been reskimmed ? the weight of the plaster was making the hardboard sag has anybody seen that before? cos its new to me. by the way i will be overboarding in the morn

Yep seen it before but it was just hardboard tacked to ceiling at 300 centres it was on the slope as well with no insulation just the void then slate. The customer wondered why the room was so cold!!

started a refurb job today and was unibonding a ceiling it was very flexable when i pulled a bit down to see what was going on. someone had put hardboard over lath and plaster and skimmed the rough side then it had been reskimmed ? the weight of the plaster was making the hardboard sag has anybody seen that before? cos its new to me. by the way i will be overboarding in the morn
Never come across hardboard on a ceiling before, but about a couple of months ago I was replasterboarding a ceiling for a customer, I started pulling old plasterboard down when a load of 1980's pawno mags fell on my head. I didn't know what to say o the customer, just kept quiet. Anyway the moral of the story is always wear a hard hat!!!!

Yep seen it before but it was just hardboard tacked to ceiling at 300 centres it was on the slope as well with no insulation just the void then slate. The customer wondered why the room was so cold!!

I grew up in that house - So cold the flame on the match would freeze trying to light the fire! :RpS_crying:

I grew up in that house - So cold the flame on the match would freeze trying to light the fire! :RpS_crying:
Our house was so cold, our room in the loft only had slate for insulation, one night the hot water bottle froze on the bed.onceijumped into bed I was like a dog going around to warm up..

Our house was so cold, our room in the loft only had slate for insulation, one night the hot water bottle froze on the bed.onceijumped into bed I was like a dog going around to warm up..

tight Laois feckers. Sell a couple of hundred acres and buy a mansion in California. Or 20 acres in South Meath :rolleyes)

Luxury!

Our (Victorian Town) house has no heating, no double glazing and no hot water. You have to get into bed fully clothed in order to not freeze. It's colder inside than out. Midwinter last year and my dad was stood with the kitchen door wide open and I said "Quick, shut it before you let all the warm air in.."
When my sister visits she has to keep her coat on in the living room, a blanket over her legs and her feet on a hot water bottle. I think she's gone soft. :rolleyes)

Luxury!

Our (Victorian Town) house has no heating, no double glazing and no hot water. You have to get into bed fully clothed in order to not freeze. It's colder inside than out. Midwinter last year and my dad was stood with the kitchen door wide open and I said "Quick, shut it before you let all the warm air in.."
When my sister visits she has to keep her coat on in the living room, a blanket over her legs and her feet on a hot water bottle. I think she's gone soft. :rolleyes)
You had taps? We collected from the well till 72.

Never come across hardboard on a ceiling before, but about a couple of months ago I was replasterboarding a ceiling for a customer, I started pulling old plasterboard down when a load of 1980's pawno mags fell on my head. I didn't know what to say o the customer, just kept quiet. Anyway the moral of the story is always wear a hard hat!!!!

Pfft!!! Just spat a mouth full of tea out laughing at that! Suppose worse things could have fallen down on you in front of a customer!

Fritzls kids?

Fritzl_zpsb1515005.jpg

:RpS_thumbup:

Here is a picture of the hardboard in situ View attachment 4094

that is not hardboard! it is essex board also known as tintest board it was made at the airscrew weyrok factory at marks tey.
a cheap and lightweight board to replace ceilings that where lost in the 2nd world war, it was used up to about 1970 on the first floor of cheap housing

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.