Thistle UniFinish Q&A

Status
Not open for further replies.

BritishGypsum

Hi all,

We know you’ve got a lot of questions and feedback for us on Thistle UniFinish (and plenty of other topics!) so we’re going to start hosting Q&A sessions.

Our first will be on April 8th with our Innovation Project Manager, Steve Limb, who can talk all things Thistle UniFinish. He’ll be online from 4-5pm, but if you’re not available then (or if you already know what you want to ask), just post your question below and we’ll respond to you on the day.

We know there are other things you’d like to chat about too so let us know your suggestions for future Q&As in this thread and we’ll try to sort out the right person to come online.

Thanks!

I'll go second then....why do bonding bags fall apart now?? The multi/board finish bags seem fine?
Many thanks in advance:rebotando:

Lots have felt that multi finish has been tampered with and is not as good as It was,?
When can we have carlite finish back?(I miss it)
Loads believe unifinish 1 has been a PR disaster for BG
Most believe this new one will go the same way, too expensive and not fit for purpose is the general feeling.

Seeing as it's a unifinish q&a ill ask a question about that,

How do you expect it to take off if it's not readily available ? As it is surely aimed at the domestic market should it not be in wickes/b&q because I refuse to go to travis/jewsons etc because they just have your pants down on price

I honestly don't think anyone is interested in the uni finish. There wasn't much interest when it was released the first time and we know how that went. Now there's even less interest and you keep flogging this dead horse. Maybe the q&a should be solely about asking for suggestions on how to improve current products instead of wasting time on the uni.

Is gyproc ultra finish going to be stocked on mainland Britain,we need
A finish plaster that can set fast.

Why do your products constantly go up and up in price ? Ie board finish 6pound a bag thistle bondit 59 pound a tub you should rename it Dick Turpin finish its a rip of

Seeing as it's a unifinish q&a ill ask a question about that,

How do you expect it to take off if it's not readily available ? As it is surely aimed at the domestic market should it not be in wickes/b&q because I refuse to go to travis/jewsons etc because they just have your pants down on price
B&q is the cheapest in town for skim,a saving of upto £2.15 per bag,back to the uni finish I agree with you as I haven't even seen a bag of uni except for in pics and on the net!

I think 6 quid a bag is cheap, compare that to tile adhesive etc.. the bond it is way too expensive though...

I think 6 quid a bag is cheap, compare that to tile adhesive etc.. the bond it is way too expensive though...
Consider the price a couple of years ago its not cheap less than 10years ago it was 2.50 a bag so on that basis its going up and up !mark my word it will 10pound a bag within 5years

How is durafinish different to unifinish as they are both able to adhere to smooth surfaces with no need of pva but durafinish cannot go onto a well keyed browning or hardwall without the need for gyprime?!
Can unifinish be applied to a painted surface flattened but second coated with multi or board finish?

I would give up on the idea of the uni now it is pointless, the idea sounds good but it doesn't work because every background is different. I'm not gonna go through every background type because there are too many which is all BG's get outs, not that I'm saying you will use them as an excuse for failing. The tradition of Pva and skim is fine but I rarely use pva I go with bond it. The cost of the uni in comparison to prep and skim is way out, its back to the old, if it ain't broke don't fix it. I was offered free bags with the offer of a guarantee but my customers and my name are more important than taking a gamble on a product I don't need because there is a product that is tried and tested which works, but to be fair it's been a bit s**t at the minute. This gear will fail and fail and if anything will be used as an excuse for failure, builders yards won't stock it and it's far too expensive, it will go out of date and be launched, forget this idea and bring the price of magnetic down instead :)

Consider the price a couple of years ago its not cheap less than 10years ago it was 2.50 a bag so on that basis its going up and up !mark my word it will 10pound a bag within 5years

So I take it in the last five years and the next five you have not or will not be putting your prices up

My prices haven't gone up in the last 5 years ! As for the next 5well that's a must as the prices are constantly going up
So I take it in the last five years and the next five you have not or will not be putting your prices up

@bg

1) Can you tell us what product you put into "Unifinish" that isn't in "Multifinish" that will make it adhere to the background.

2) I for 1 would actualy love this product to work as I detest having to pva and wait till dry....however zero confidence and also not a single merchant stocks it!!!

3) What changes to "Unifinish 2" have you made that makes it any different to "Unifinish 1" ???

Thanks Zombie

Serious questions-

1) can i have a job making up products that real life plasterers might actually want and do so in an affordable way for them. £10+ for a bag of uni that nobody trusts isn't going to happen.

2) can you send me 5 bags of magnetic plaster because i'd love it in my house but like alot of people ( i'd imagine) i'm not willing to spend £80+ a bag on it. Thats when i can use it myself. The chances of it becoming a mass used product for average joe are zero at your current price point. In my opinion.

Steve.

Serious questions-

1) can i have a job making up products that real life plasterers might actually want and do so in an affordable way for them. £10+ for a bag of uni that nobody trusts isn't going to happen.

2) can you send me 5 bags of magnetic plaster because i'd love it in my house but like alot of people ( i'd imagine) i'm not willing to spend £80+ a bag on it. Thats when i can use it myself. The chances of it becoming a mass used product for average joe are zero at your current price point. In my opinion.

Steve.

I have lots of good ideas but I won't give gypsum them for free ;) so can I have a job too please :). and I fully agree I would love a bag of magnetic plaster also because I would love to try it but can't afford it. I think uni finish is a good idea but I'd sooner prep up with pva for big jobs as I have a lot more confidence in that method. probably just me. I have used it and it wasn't a terribly upsetting experience, just an experience. Its good to try new things put them out there and gain feedback that's what business is all about can't fault ya.

BG need to realise no plasterer with a good reputation is gonna risk using Uni now or ever ... who needs the come backs when you can pva a wall in how long ?? and use Multi which is cheaper....

How about answering why so many are seeing poor quality Multi instead of trying to push Uni which isn't gonna happens on the simple reason above !

Hi all,

We know you’ve got a lot of questions and feedback for us on Thistle UniFinish (and plenty of other topics!) so we’re going to start hosting Q&A sessions.

Our first will be on April 8th with our Innovation Project Manager, Steve Limb, who can talk all things Thistle UniFinish. He’ll be online from 4-5pm, but if you’re not available then (or if you already know what you want to ask), just post your question below and we’ll respond to you on the day.

We know there are other things you’d like to chat about too so let us know your suggestions for future Q&As in this thread and we’ll try to sort out the right person to come online.

Thanks!

U should make this.
http://www.gyproc.ie/products/plasters/gyproc-carlite-ultra-finish

More interested in finding out whats wrong the the quality of multi finish lately.
like others have stated the unifinish has not reached the shelves of wickes or b+q so not had a chance to try it.

Why do your products constantly go up and up in price ? Ie board finish 6pound a bag thistle bondit 59 pound a tub you should rename it Dick Turpin finish its a rip of

I can answer that one... it's the merchants that set the prices ot British gypsummm

Status
Not open for further replies.