Thistle magnetic plaster

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a bag and of it and I am hoping to be using it very soon... I will lay it on like skim and post results....

My TPF crappy vistaprint magnets stuck lovely to the demo wall at BG :)

Can we go back to talking about trowel sizes now...
What size trowel is best for applying magnetic plaster ? :) lol
ok fair enough you can't tell us the price you give it to builders yards but topstrop let the cat out of the bag at £55 so Travis want £80 including VAT so around 45% profit hmmmmmmmmm is this the norm? So on a pallet of 24 they want £600 profit and that's if they are getting it at £55 co we can't be sure that's correct. Does it really cost 20 times more to produce a bag of this gear against multie finish? I would think it is recycling some kind of products So they would be gaining this way also but I am only guessing :)

@bubbles65 I think the 21 bags is referring to the minimum amount you'll get on a pallet, the rest will be sh1t bags that have split. :RpS_laugh:

these are super dooper bags noel....................no split guarantee......................:RpS_unsure:

Noel won't pay for them. He spent 6 months working out if he could afford a tub of micro lol

Whats that Noel? Pva, red food dye & sand?

Bit of everything mate lol.

The coloring is mortar dye, 3 jugs of building sand, which is quite fine believe it or not but enough.
I looked into bonding agents and most are acrylic co polymers, PVAc falls into this category'ish which is just external PVA, i made a 25ltr tub so topped the rest up with left over PVA and water. Goes for miles.

I've since topped it up with SBR and some stabilizer that i found in the lock up.

Its got a mega key, with no suction, ive had it onto distemper / glossy / and backing plasters and had no dramas with either of them, dries in about 2 1/2 hours, but ive rolled out and skimmed next day for now.

@Nisus that picture mate had that sh1tty flaky paint that sometimes bubbles when your doing your last trowel lol, This stuff ive made here just stabilized it all rock hard, had no dramas at all with any of it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Weve tried pure pva and sand , left over night , seemed to work a treat lol suspiciously looked alot like blue grit etc lol like the consistency etc ......

@ryanswart I rang all the builders merchants around here to see if they can get it.. only one that I had success with was tp's in scunthorpe.. then can get it @ £63 per bag.. and u can just order what u want.. it will come on delivery with there bg orders which are rougly every 2 weeks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Lol that does my head in. Leaving a trail of plaster on the spot. No need!

Last edited:
Is using this the same principle as multi finish?
I really want to give this a go, expensive but I guess they can't make it in bulk like the multi finish.

Think ill try and finds local company that can source it and plaster a wall in my house to advertise it.

what sort of money would you guys charge to do the job? Same as normal plastering labour wise?

dont bother imo its up to britishgypsum to make people want it.
why should you promote the stuff to make the same money as spreading multi?

What if wickes only sold the barrow and shovel lol that's the problem and fair point but it's hard enough runnin a sweepstake never mind organising a pallet between members. I don't want to be organising a pallet between members every time I get a job I just want to buy what I need when I need it. This is a new product to us but even newer to the man in the street who I'm going to push it to. Did you know that the strength of the magnet is how it works and they have a guitar hanging off the walls at BG headquarters? This gear really could take off but the mystery surrounding it's capabilities and buying it is shadowing a possible revolutionised product lol
Quick question,why would you want magnetic plaster?

Yep it's that subject again, thought I would start a fresh thread coz it's out now, or is it? @BritishGypsum so the gear is out now but non of the big stockist have got it. I spoke to Travis who haven't got it and won't stock it coz of the price and shelf life, they said CCF haven't got it so I spoke to them to make sure and yep they ain't got it, neither has their main branches but to be fair the guy was very helpful and went as far as phoning the BG rep who unfortunately was unable to be contacted (recurring theme). So here lies the problem, you have brought out a product without much, if any publicity which nobody can get their hands on without ordering 24. You have a few YouTube videos showing the product which is a product I'm interested in and some of my customers are interested in but they can't have and I can't offer so what's the crack?
Order it from wickes online £49 25kg they don't stock it in local stores

Got a couple of bags sorted from BG, asked little ones headmistress if they wanted a wall doing for free, apparently cant be done as I have to be registered with the education dept etc.. barmy hey..

Status
Not open for further replies.