Thistle Bond It...

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

KRISW1888

Wheres the best place to buy Thistle bond it? how much does it cost? What size of tubbs can you buy? Although ive only ever used pva and never had any problems I keep seeing people write good things about thistles bond it. That many f****** products out there now its hard to keep track of them lol! Would like to give it a try and see what its all about...

Is the blue grit cheaper m8? And would you only coat it once with blue grit and hit while tacky, or would you let it dry and then hit it?

£25 for 10 litres sounds decent. Wheres best place to buy this/order from?

Dnt think theres 1 near me buddie. Will have a we look around. Cheers guys

Mibby pop in next time am up at celtic park then stuart ;) Do they deliver aswell?

Dnt really know glasgow well m8. But surely be able to find it

Big fan myself of thistle bond it. One thing BG make that i really do like to use. It comes it a 10 litre plastic tub, That has a lid that seals when you have finished using. No need to worry about it going everywhere in your van with this product :RpS_thumbsup: . Not the cheapest gear about though as i pay £35 plus vat a tub, But with this cost in mind i must say that it has made so many of my jobs much easier and at the end of the day you either price it in to your quote for a job. Or if on a DAYRATE job , pretty straight forward to recommend a product with the cost involved.:RpS_thumbup:

Got two tubs today off tp,£33 plus vat near forest hill,honor oak se23 area London,that's all the sell, been contemplating buying febond from zed fix at16.90 but the need ten bought

ps, used it on painted brick walls that I will stick tomorrow, I will use mechanical fix as well five screws in each 6x3 ,my labourer rolled it on quite thin, I prefer more liberal rolling on, its hardto tell how much to use.

Last edited:
I always use a brush for applying bonding agents other than pva. I find it gives a better key and gets in the nooks and crannies betterererer.

A dont stuart m8. Was only ever learned to plaster and tape.

Aye no probs buddie. Defo. Anybody asks me al give you a shout on here ;)

I always use a brush for applying bonding agents other than pva. I find it gives a better key and gets in the nooks and crannies betterererer.

Coated 1 today with blue grit ... used a brush and must admit it spreads easier than a roller .... Will also be making sure I warm a tub up ... was lovely to paint on today after it had been sitting in my van in the warm weather

Wickes stuff is decent but a complete rip off imo ......

Coated 1 today with blue grit ... used a brush and must admit it spreads easier than a roller .... Will also be making sure I warm a tub up ... was lovely to paint on today after it had been sitting in my van in the warm weather

Wickes stuff is decent but a complete rip off imo ......

Nice one good tip. If you can get hold of Knauf Betakontakt it will be around £50-£65 depending who you use and will cover around 60-70metres, same stuff as the Wickes bonding agent.

Is there any alternative. Similar to wba but maybe a quicker setting time?

Yes steve there certainly is and the exciting thing is it is affordable and can be watered down for higher suction backgrounds which makes it go furthrererer.

Status
Not open for further replies.