Thistle Bond-it

Status
Not open for further replies.

happyplasterer

Does thistle bond-it or the cementone imitation kill the suction in old walls? I know it's supposed to be for low suction walls but some walls just suck like mad still after several coats of PVA, someone told me bond-it does the job.
Any tips on this fellas?
Cheers :)

Wickes plaster bonding agent is the same as knauf gear and a lot cheaper! Just as good as the bond-it in my opinion! Although 2 coats of pva usually does the trick for me

Wickes plaster bonding agent is the same as knauf gear and a lot cheaper! Just as good as the bond-it in my opinion! Although 2 coats of pva usually does the trick for me

Wickes is £16.10 for 3kg
Knauf is £62 for 20kg
6 times more product which works out at £96.60 if you bought wickes equivalent.
Or £5.37 a kilo for wickes and £3.10 a kilo for knauf betakontakt.

Wickes is £16.10 for 3kg
Knauf is £62 for 20kg
6 times more product which works out at £96.60 if you bought wickes equivalent.
Or £5.37 a kilo for wickes and £3.10 a kilo for knauf betakontakt.

Jimmy you still get a lot of suction on certain backgrounds with beto. It's helps a bit but it's only minimal compared to pva. If you really want to kill suction get the proper stuff

Knauf Drywall Plaster Accessories (53WK) | Nevill Long Interior Building Products : Suspended Ceilings, Partitioning, Drywall Systems, Cubicles, Flooring

Or Gypprime

Thistle GypPrime

The cemtone plasterers stabilising primer thing does not control suction. If you read the data sheet it says where there is high suction you should treat the wall with SBR the day before.

To me this makes it useless as said knauf is your best bet.

What's that other tack called........................urm

@beddy will know...................:RpS_lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
If the suction is bad pva the wall first then apply thistle bond it, you will find it will go a lot further plus controls the suction nice....

Jimmy you still get a lot of suction on certain backgrounds with beto. It's helps a bit but it's only minimal compared to pva. If you really want to kill suction get the proper stuff

Knauf Drywall Plaster Accessories (53WK) | Nevill Long Interior Building Products : Suspended Ceilings, Partitioning, Drywall Systems, Cubicles, Flooring

Or Gypprime

Thistle GypPrime

ive not bought this for along time Rossi but maybe watered down say 3-1 then added to the Kontakt it would do a two in one job of suction control along with the sand key?
Although a hefty outlay it will go a long way. I have also added PvA at 1-1 to the Kontakt to make it go further as apposed to just water on its own.

Best to first ask the customer if they prefer their carpet & furniture spattered in mint green, baby blue or puffy pink! :RpS_biggrin:

Thistle bond it.. evens the suction out, as said, PVA is a better bet, although its got to be tacky when plastering, I usually give it 2-3 coats if the suctions high...

Status
Not open for further replies.