This will make interesting ....

• Thread starter Deleted member 23452
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 23452

.... if depressing reading. The OBR will publish expected economic effects of a 3 month lock down.

.... if depressing reading. The OBR will publish expected economic effects of a 3 month lock down.
We don't need the OBR to tell us that, ....recession, austerity & Trump buying up Britain 'coz of desperate MP's facesaving. But lots of housebuilding..

be a big shake up in wages for different sectors I reckon cleaners be on £16+ a hour and a big surge in private cleaners we got the vans just need to swap trowel for duster!!
A05FA559-461E-4F03-B510-50F807932F27.gif

I wonder,Are these the same experts that predicted our economy will drop off a cliff if we voted to leave the eu.

Yeah, I wouldn't treat it as anything more than a possible outcome.

The graph that was most interesting to me compared the possible covid shut down outcome with the great depression, WWII and the 2008 crash. WWII debt was 3-4 times what's predicted, the great depression was years and the bounce back is expected in months, and 2008 was a long drawn out recovery over nearly a decade.

So basically there have been much worse economic disasters and we've come back from every one of them.

Yeah, I wouldn't treat it as anything more than a possible outcome.

The graph that was most interesting to me compared the possible covid shut down outcome with the great depression, WWII and the 2008 crash. WWII debt was 3-4 times what's predicted, the great depression was years and the bounce back is expected in months, and 2008 was a long drawn out recovery over nearly a decade.

So basically there have been much worse economic disasters and we've come back from every one of them.
I agree with you and owls comments,though I am concerned about restrictions that might come for working domestically.over 80% of my work is in over 60 year old customers.and can't see them liking us going into their properties.if they are vulnerable.a lot of the retired have cash to spend but that specific market might be limited until a vaccine or validated test certificate.

I agree with you and owls comments,though I am concerned about restrictions that might come for working domestically.over 80% of my work is in over 60 year old customers.and can't see them liking us going into their properties.if they are vulnerable.a lot of the retired have cash to spend but that specific market might be limited until a vaccine or validated test certificate.

I was referring to the overall picture, at an individual company/person level it's going to hit some very hard. I expect a lot will go to the wall in the next few weeks, with more joining them as time goes on.

I was referring to the overall picture, at an individual company/person level it's going to hit some very hard. I expect a lot will go to the wall in the next few weeks, with more joining them as time goes on.
A lot could depend if the self employed payment is straight forward.checks,delays.
When they get it.a lot of businesses have not taken government loans why.will be interesting to see soon as hard figures are now appearing.