This trade going down the pan!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah h/s/l hell of a mess the the other job (2artex ceilings) getting labourer in what's your point??

pricing by day or job should be the same rate in any case, and if your area you can charge high prices then 150 a day is piss poor even in cash is still poor

but i thought you didnt get the two artex ceilings in the other job? so why do you need a labourer in to do them if you didnt get them? i thought it was two new artex ceilings in the HSL job? i mean, i dont really care. just saying.

you know what you can expect where you are. thats what counts.

but i thought you didnt get the two artex ceilings in the other job? so why do you need a labourer in to do them if you didnt get them? i thought it was two new artex ceilings in the HSL job? i mean, i dont really care. just saying.

you know what you can expect where you are. thats what counts.
didnt get the two ceiling no, but would need a labourer in
plus no artex in h/s/l

pricing by day or job should be the same rate in any case, and if your area you can charge high prices then 150 a day is piss poor even in cash is still poor
I have a guide line for prices mate not one set price!!
Plus depends on what mood I'm in

are u lot still banging on about day rates and prices?price it for what you want, simple.If u dont get it tough look, if some one else is cheaper so be it.Who cares!.
Paris_Tuileries_Garden_Facepalm_statue.jpg

Forum turning its tide onto students labelling chancers and coursers....

I'm using The Plasterers Forum Mobile App

No Ryan'sfart,

a lot of us enjoy letting the new posters / members know that us experienced chaps know that they are "chanci'n coursers", It's laughable how easy it is to spot the ballbag's! :RpS_thumbsup:

I don't understand how pricing up jobs is made into such a song and dance? It's not a complicated process no matter what the trade/work.

Look at the job, decide how long it will take, multiply that by what you need to earn a day, add on the materials cost, and you have the job price.

Working out your day rate is the same sort of process. Work out your running costs for the year, divide that by the number of days you work and you have your business costs. Do the same for your wage, add on the profit you need/want to make it worth while and you have your day rate.

The price to a customer is always a single price for me. I never break it down, offer discounts, do deals, change it for cash or any other p1ssing about. After they've had the quote if they accept it, and I accept the job I/we do the work. If not I do something else and the world turns.
@Nisus gave me a price for a job, I priced the whole job to the customer, she accepted, I've booked it in. I don't need to make my life anymore complicated than that.

I did have to delay the job a bit for Nisus though. He'd only covered skimming boards at college, so we had to wait until he's done the bit covering bonding before we could book it in. :RpS_wink:

Last edited by a moderator:
Some u get some u don't it is annoying but we all chose to do what we do I remember days of putting stupid prices in not to get jobs cos I was too busy and u end up getting them swings n roundabouts..

Status
Not open for further replies.