This trade going down the pan!!

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.
If I walked away from those 2 ceilings with 210 profit basing (not saying this is my rate as various factors can alter pricing) it on say 250 for the job i'd still be laughing tbh... easy days work and if I strung it out id still be home by 3 pm ... I couldn't get your prices where I live ... too many jack of all trades who think they can plaster .
That's the rate around here mate, I'm not the cheapest but I'm not the dearest and I won't work for f##k all!!

I have no problems with folk being dearer than me, in fact I have a lot of respect for the guys that charge high and get it. You started the thread because your getting laughed at with the prices so it's just an observation that they might be on the high side. In an ideal world everyone would be charging the high prices but as we know in this economy to many are struggling so working cheap and this is reflected in all our prices.

I have no problems with folk being dearer than me, in fact I have a lot of respect for the guys that charge high and get it. You started the thread because your getting laughed at with the prices so it's just an observation that they might be on the high side. In an ideal world everyone would be charging the high prices but as we know in this economy to many are struggling so working cheap and this is reflected in all our prices.
couldn't agree more

Main point of this thread is other trades decorators/plumbers knocking our trade down.....
90% of jobs I quote I get it's just the other 10% who knows someone or work as another trade trying to knock us down
thats what boils my blood mate

Some I price day rate and some I just price up the job!!
with the hall stairs and landing it was a lot of prep work involved so went with the day rate
I understand on the h,s,l is a lot of prep, but could you not go home and work your price out to include the prep work maybe ?

I understand on the h,s,l is a lot of prep, but could you not go home and work your price out to include the prep work maybe ?
Could of mate, but day rate was safer option as it was a lot of hidden problems and untill I started stripping back I didn't know what I was up against

Could of mate, but day rate was safer option as it was a lot of hidden problems and untill I started stripping back I didn't know what I was up against

How can you charge 360 day rate one minute with you being able to charge such grand prices in your area to 150 the next day surely the Hsl would of been nearer 800-1000 In your area ?

Fair point. I personally dont like the on the spot quote because you end up forgetting bits and can cause yourself more grief . Other reason is if you send a nice email or letter in the post stating all work includes labour,mats and covering up. they tend to get lost with this , so they need not know your day rate

That's the rate around here mate, I'm not the cheapest but I'm not the dearest and I won't work for f##k all!!

if thats the rate thats the rate. theres no need to lose any sleep over it because there'll be plenty more at that rate to come :RpS_thumbup: rates and expectations vary around the country.

How can you charge 360 day rate one minute with you being able to charge such grand prices in your area to 150 the next day surely the Hsl would of been nearer 800-1000 In your area ?
the h/s/l is about 4 days work mate trust me (hell of a mess) plus the two artex ceilings need scrapping back as sit 15-20mm deep so need labourer in!!

the h/s/l is about 4 days work mate trust me (hell of a mess) plus the two artex ceilings need scrapping back as sit 15-20mm deep so need labourer in!!

you'll be out of pocket. four days at 150 day rate is 600. that includes two artex ceilings that should be 400. so you're doing the rest for just 200 :huh:

But why charge far less for a lot more hassle and work ? It doesn't make sense, but I must admit I often trip myself up with underquoting purely because sometimes a Job will take a day longer than I had allowed

U don't have to justify to people on this forum. not everyone but most are jealous. If ur happy with wat ur getting that's fine. Be happy. It's the people who slate you that winds me up jus jealous as there 50+ wishing they did things differently in life. ******* in hell sound like a little bitch. Ant been on forum for long and I'm turning into a rite old badgering git. Does it happen to everyone?

you'll be out of pocket. four days at 150 day rate is 600. that includes two artex ceilings that should be 400. so you're doing the rest for just 200 :huh:
If you actually read the thread mate the h/s/l are a completely different job the the artex ceilings!! God give me strength

U don't have to justify to people on this forum. not everyone but most are jealous. If ur happy with wat ur getting that's fine. Be happy. It's the people who slate you that winds me up jus jealous as there 50+ wishing they did things differently in life. ******* in hell sound like a little bitch. Ant been on forum for long and I'm turning into a rite old badgering git. Does it happen to everyone?

you're right mate. this profession is full to the brim with unrealistic motherfukcers :)

Pack me bags i,m off ........

Why were you looking at jobs on a Sunday chizam, is that normal practice for you.
I would never do this.
Doing a house re-furb so today was my only day free, don't like pricing up after work as didn't get home last thurs till 9:30pm due to running round

If you actually read the thread mate the h/s/l are a completely different job the the artex ceilings!! God give me strength

i did read it. keep your clogs on. just saying like that you quoted 400 for two artex ceilings and was pissed that you didnt get it and then include two artex ceilings in a four day price for 600. seems nonsensical

i did read it. keep your clogs on. just saying like that you quoted 400 for two artex ceilings and was pissed that you didnt get it and then include two artex ceilings in a four day price for 600. seems nonsensical
I ain't included no artex ceilings in h/s/l

It's not just plastering it's all trades going down the pan. Trades man just don't get the respect they once did.

Status
Not open for further replies.