Thirty years

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

warriorupnorth

Private Member
Ago , wished i had access to the kind of info that is available on this forum, everything you need to know at your fingertips, truly invaluable, and to all you newbys and learners please show your gratitude by using the rep and thanks button , you will be surprised how forthcoming craftesmen are with their advice after a bit of gratitude is shown , come on here with attitude and stupid comments though and you will receive short shrift

KTF

Well said Warrior and raises a point , how do today's apprentices get on at work where they may of been shown a way to do a certain job as in rendering mix ratios or the best way to trowel up skimming etc, then they get home at night plug in and log on to read the latest posts on this very informative forum, and find what they are reading contradicts what they may be learning on the job.Do they then go to work the next day armed with new found knowledge and argue the toss with there teacher ?.Since i have been on here i have looked again at they way i do somethings ,things that i was taught 26 years ago i can see were not always the best way but you did what you was told and never questioned anything mostly because, 1.would never of spoke out of line for fear of being fcuked off and 2.not realy having another point of reference.(not all of us had the opportunity to go to collage back in the day).There is lots of very good information given out on here and time and experience tells you whats good advice and who talks out there arse. But what of the apprentices with young heads still being molded .

The best thing about this forum is that people are offering their time and experience for free. They're not expecting anything in return and apart from the obvious banter, the advice given is excellent. There are many ways to skin a cat and even though there may be slight differences in peoples approaches to a problem they will often yield the same results. Remember to show your appreciation! :RpS_biggrin:

Ago , wished i had access to the kind of info that is available on this forum, everything you need to know at your fingertips, truly invaluable, and to all you newbys and learners please show your gratitude by using the rep and thanks button , you will be surprised how forthcoming craftesmen are with their advice after a bit of gratitude is shown , come on here with attitude and stupid comments though and you will receive short shrift

KTF

well said, have a 'like' off me

it amazes me that ,most cant be arsed to do a simple search , as most topics have been covered numerous times on here.

The best thing about this forum is that people are offering their time and experience for free. They're not expecting anything in return and apart from the obvious banter, the advice given is excellent. There are many ways to skin a cat and even though there may be slight differences in peoples approaches to a problem they will often yield the same results. Remember to show your appreciation! :RpS_biggrin:

I disagree..............we all want a mug and T-shirt......................:RpS_thumbsup:

Well... I have to say warrior ive just sent you my virgin THANKS im rely rely emberassed but ive honestly never known how you all have been saying THANKS and LIKE etc and i still dont know how you do that quoting someone else malarky thing!!!

and its just hit me like a bolt of lightning ive just honestly honestly seen the tabs for the first time!!!!

but you are absoloutly correct fela and little snips of advice or info when unknown is invaluable!!!!!!!!

gulp im very very very emberassed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ta chaps

zombie :RpS_thumbsup:

I agree paul but im not going to thank you or like the post because youre head doesnt need to get any bigger

Danny what is the most ,likes or thanks for one post ? and has Paul won it yet ? Oh and good to to have you back Paul ,i bet you have missed us all :RpS_wub:

Fair comment Paul but 30 years ago or more with me we only had S&C, syraphite. browning, bonding and white board and a slap round the head if you didnt get it right it actualy was quite simple, sorry cant do smilies for some reason.

Fair comment Paul but 30 years ago or more with me we only had S&C, syraphite. browning, bonding and white board and a slap round the head if you didnt get it right it actualy was quite simple, sorry cant do smilies for some reason.

Because you're a miserable git lol

I came on this site thinking i knew a lot but now i know im not as good as i thought i was. good banter and we are always learning.

Was lurking for over a year and never had to ask a single question, A quik search would always bring up several threads with the info and answers i was looking for. Really great site with loads of very helpfull and funny people so a big THANK YOU to you all for your time and expertise

Feel the lurve. on this thread!!!wtf is happening?:-0,, has everyone been popping the hug drug:RpS_laugh:

Was lurking for over a year and never had to ask a single question, A quik search would always bring up several threads with the info and answers i was looking for. Really great site with loads of very helpfull and funny people so a big THANK YOU to you all for your time and expertise

_Lurk.gif

could imagine use all in pub with the hug drug "love you loads yano your amazing spread, yer av always wanted to tell you love you as well" wanna them give each other a wide borth the next day ha

could imagine use all in pub with the hug drug "love you loads yano your amazing spread, yer av always wanted to tell you love you as well" wanna them give each other a wide borth the next day ha

Homo.....................:RpS_unsure:

There is one downside to this treasure trove of a forum: every well read customer with internet access thinks he knows more than you. For example:

"I read somewhere that you're supposed to lay down your lines and wait for the first coat to pull in before laying on the second coat".

"I heard it's better to use a spray bottle than a brush when wet trowelling".

"I know my bathroom ceiling is tiny, but I thought you were supposed to mix up a fresh batch for the second coat, but it looks like you're using the same mix".

Last edited:
I been plastering 8 years level 3 city and guilds and am still regularly learning and receiving decent knowledge from you lads. I don't have anyone to turn too for knowledge since the old plasterer i worked with passed away last year. So i do apprechiate you all for sharing your knowledge especially the guys who respond to my posts. Thanks Fellas

There is one downside to this treasure trove of a forum: every well read Mr Joe Blogs thinks he knows more than you. For example:"I read somewhere that you're supposed to lay down your lines and wait for the first coat to pull in before laying on the second coat"."I heard it's better to use a spray bottle than a brush when wet trowelling"."I thought you were supposed to mix up a fresh batch for the second coat, but it looks like you're using the same mix".
And I also read "it's a handboard not a hawk" or "use a plazzi don't use a plazzi.. "start at the top of a wall,no start at the bottom". "Use stillts no don't, use beer crates".... The list is endless, it's all about opinions, some good, some nonsense,but the answer is usually found in the end... The joys of a forum:RpS_thumbup: I've found sometimes on here Joe bloggs does know more than me, every days a learning day:RpS_thumbup: theres no shame in someone knowing more than you.

And I also read "it's a handboard not a hawk" or "use a plazzi don't use a plazzi.. "start at the top of a wall,no start at the bottom". "Use stillts no don't, use beer crates".... The list is endless, it's all about opinions, some good, some nonsense,but the answer is usually found in the end... The joys of a forum:RpS_thumbup: I've found sometimes on here Joe bloggs does know more than me, every days a learning day:RpS_thumbup: theres no shame in someone knowing more than you.

I was referring to clients, not forum members :)

There is one downside to this treasure trove of a forum: every well read customer with internet access thinks he knows more than you. For example:

"I read somewhere that you're supposed to lay down your lines and wait for the first coat to pull in before laying on the second coat".

"I heard it's better to use a spray bottle than a brush when wet trowelling".

"I know my bathroom ceiling is tiny, but I thought you were supposed to mix up a fresh batch for the second coat, but it looks like you're using the same mix".

That's better Minh, makes sense now:RpS_thumbup:

I think it's good to acknowledge there are always people better than you no matter how good you think you are, and there are always people more knowledgable. Iv learnt a tonne of stuff on here even tho I think I was taught quite well. I got into mono, machines and saw wallcrete by the master himself due to being on here. Iv had the pleasure of *******, iv been able to take the piss out of speedskim and found out how many stupid people plaster, aswell as intelligent... It's been endless fun. So much infact that whilst sitting at the beach with a fuente cigar after a well earned few pints, I felt compelled to write this!! How's that for appreciation!!

Well said Warrior. Yes it is nice when some one thanks you for your advice. It makes it all worth while.

I still love it when someone comes on and says iv got no experience in plastering, how do you do this. And then everyone tells them and they argue and tell you your wrong lol

Status
Not open for further replies.