thinking of coming home

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone I'm currently working on the rebuild in Christchurch NZ as a "modified plasterer" as we call ourselves. its goin well and all but really wouldnt mind moving back to england this year.

just wondering if anyone could give me a heads up on the demand for plasterers. has it got a bit more stable? seemed I was either turning it away in England or couldnt get anywork for ages

Ive got quite a bit of experience with acrylic renders and textured coatings is there much demand for that? I'd never seen it being done in derby.

its amazing how much you miss putting multifinish on walls, nothing like that out here.

rob from derby

From what I can gather from hearing lads talk on here, it's very much location dependent so it would be hard to give a definite answer to this one.

Cheers for the advice, think I'll stick out for maybe another year, ive done quite about 20 residential jobs now and only one household has offerd me a cup of tea. shocking display

If your homesick mate your mind is made up. Different parts of the country are more busy then others and prices are still low for a lot of lads.

I would stick it out in NZ. Napier is the place for me if I was going there. Art Deco centre of the world. Got a Napier bungalow on my website.

Hardly saw any rendering until I hit that City and then found some of the most interesting rendering ever. Sorry to leave the place. Stayed at a motel and the owner knew me. An ex fireman who remembers me rendering his mates house. Small world.

Status
Not open for further replies.