Think im losing the plot now!

Members online

No members online now.
Status
Not open for further replies.

zombie

Private Member
Has anyone else felt like this after buying all these new tools ie plazis, speedskims etc. Then trying different methods ie 1 coating, 2 coats out of same mix, 2 coats separate mix, flattening 1st coat, not flattening 1st coat, sorting angles out on first coat or just leaving till 2nd coat, same with beads skirts etc etc etc etc bla bla bla!!!!!

I swear today I just looked at a wall and honestly didn't know what the **** to do in what order with which tool or how I wanted my gear!!!!!

Think I need to work with someone for a few days and stop reading all these threads!!!!! lol

I swear did 2 sets today that were apprentice size and took over 3hrs each!!!! wtf!!!

Please lads HELP!!!!:RpS_crying:

What did u use to do?

Cant remember!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol

Ermmmmm tried just about everything over years....back end of last year had loads of boardwork on tight prices that would take a 1 coat...beginning of this year got loads of refurb style work so goto be 2 coat work just seems sooooooooooo long winded....

Been doing a 50/50 bonding and multi first coat on job today to sort out chases, tile adhesive, artex bla bla bla...honest like the longest sets in the world!!!!

Has anyone else felt like this after buying all these new tools ie plazis, speedskims etc. Then trying different methods ie 1 coating, 2 coats out of same mix, 2 coats separate mix, flattening 1st coat, not flattening 1st coat, sorting angles out on first coat or just leaving till 2nd coat, same with beads skirts etc etc etc etc bla bla bla!!!!!

I swear today I just looked at a wall and honestly didn't know what the **** to do in what order with which tool or how I wanted my gear!!!!!

Think I need to work with someone for a few days and stop reading all these threads!!!!! lol

I swear did 2 sets today that were apprentice size and took over 3hrs each!!!! wtf!!!

Chill out mate :-0, it is not brain surgery our game , but some do like to make out it is :RpS_wink:

fuk all the plastic shite.. get it on with a normal trowel and do it how you used to.. plastic trowels..WTF..

Cant remember!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol

Ermmmmm tried just about everything over years....back end of last year had loads of boardwork on tight prices that would take a 1 coat...beginning of this year got loads of refurb style work so goto be 2 coat work just seems sooooooooooo long winded....

Been doing a 50/50 bonding and multi first coat on job today to sort out chases, tile adhesive, artex bla bla bla...honest like the longest sets in the world!!!!

Its just the time of year. I did a reskim with mpfinish a few weeks ago 2 heavy coats. It took 4 hours it just sat on the walls.

i know where your coming from zombie:RpS_scared:

I was taught how by an old school 'spread', since being on my own I have tried different tools & different ways, trying to find the best way for me. I think I have read it many times on here, does it matter how you get there as long as you end up with the right result?

zombi It/s simple mate Handoard trowel tried and trusted.:RpS_thumbsup:

plazzi speepskim etc just steam on the bathroom mirror .

I know what you mean Zombie, I really got into plazzis in the summer last year, we had a run of about 5000 metres of boardwork so I had a lot of time to find what worked best for me. It also had me scratching my head at why the haters really hate them so much, I went back through each plot as the decorators were in and they looked bang on and the plazzi made the job so much easier.
After having a play with the 600 speedskim I won after beating @Artisan998 to 3rd place in the pool competition, I have bought the 1200 and will have a play with that tommorow.

P.s. thanks Scott @Speedskim for the prompt delivery :RpS_thumbsup:

Last edited by a moderator:
I know what you mean Zombie, I really got into plazzis in the summer last year, we had a run of about 5000 metres of boardwork so I had a lot of time to find what worked best for me. It also had me scratching my head at why the haters really hate them so much, I went back through each plot as the decorators were in and they looked bang on and the plazzi made the job so much easier.
After having a play with the 600 speedskim I won after beating @Artisan998 to 3rd place in the pool competition, I have bought the 1200 and will have a play with that tommorow.

:rolleyes)

I have to agree 100% about the plazis...only had couple of weeks and now the thought of troweling up with steel alone fills me with dread was even thinking today at work **** what if I snap m blade mid set how will I finish like it was my last halogen bulb at 4pm!!!...scarey!!!...I swear ive only used mt steels to put on gear last 2 weeks its as though ive forgotten how to finish with them already!!!

Feel like I need to give my speedskim a go but at same time feel a bit like all im doing is cleaning and carrying all these different tools and frying my brain on how to approach my sets now!!!!

The best thing you can do Zombie is stop, have a cup of tea and think about it......

.........just like I do drinking from my speedskim mug I won for coming 3rd in the 2013 pool competition after beating favourite @Artisan998 :RpS_thumbsup:

:RpS_laugh:.........................:RpS_lol:..........................:RpS_thumbup:.........................:huh:..............................:RpS_cursing:...................you knob

You should get a beenie....I got a speedskim Beenie for coming 3rd in the 2013 Tpf pool competition after beating @Artisan998 to 3rd place :RpS_thumbsup:

aye marra its brass monkeys....................but luckily my new Speedskim polo, fleece, jacket, hat & onezee keep me warm..............hopefully my 4th place prize will turn up soon..............................:rolleyes)

Zombie mate ... Not having a dig ... But ...

what's wrong with getting it on with your trowel, then flattening with trowel, 2nd coat with trowel, first trowel, 2nd trowel, then if need be a polish???

what's wrong with getting it on with your trowel, then flattening with trowel, 2nd coat with trowel, first trowel, 2nd trowel, then if need be a polish???

JD that is sooooooooooooooooooooo yesterday marra

Y are u having a dig at zombie for.

aye marra its brass monkeys....................but luckily my new Speedskim polo, fleece, jacket, hat & onezee keep me warm..............hopefully my 4th place prize will turn up soon..............................:rolleyes)

Have you not received your speedskim goodies yet? I'm sure @Speedskim is arranging a special courier as we speak :RpS_thumbsup:

It's a different approach but it might just work :RpS_thumbsup:

You might just be on to something there buddy!!! lol:RpS_thumbsup:

TBH... the reason I started looking at all these things is suffering with my back more and more lately and thought might be able to reduce some of the donkey work...mainly the up and down on hop ups with lids like mainly...

I probably just need to man up!:RpS_blushing:

Zombie I've used all these tools, yes you can get the job done with them, they may make it a bit easier on the body ... But ... They are not better than a steel trowel, and do not make it any quicker.

I'll send you a complimentary beddybeanie mate

Zombie I've used all these tools, yes you can get the job done with them, they may make it a bit easier on the body ... But ... They are not better than a steel trowel, and do not make it any quicker.

Have u used the ss s*p*r*lex.

I was referring to the speed skim and plastic that zombie was on about, no not used one of those, but if it's the ****** trowel, I still don't see it been quicker or better than a steel trowel.

Status
Not open for further replies.