thincoat render

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dansouthcoast84

Private Member
ive done quite a few thincoat renders through plastering contractors, i really enjoy them, anyone know how to become direct suppliers for the likes of sto, wetherby, jub??

ive done quite a few thincoat renders through plastering contractors, i really enjoy them, anyone know how to become direct suppliers for the likes of sto, wetherby, jub??

youve no chance with sto,and as the scouse one says its up to the maunufactors of the render who they want.

I think it is on its way out. A couple of manufacturers I spoke reckon it is to but they want it to because of the problems it has.

That Weber Pral.m should be banned!

Rant over!

Yes but thin coats' like an onion with all the layers. Compared to mono its slower and dearer. Better system though if you can afford it and wait longer.

I think it looks a lot nicer than acrylic .....for about a week
None of mono does not look better than any thin-layer render where it is properly executed.But best one is mosaic
10042012299.jpg 10042012297.jpg 10042012296.jpg

depends which manufacturer and on the grain size, so owt between £50 and £60 and covers between 6 and 10m2 but the average 1.5 mm you get between 8 and 10 m2 depending on how tight you can get it on and how much you get down your shirt

Most manufacturers do a mozaic also they do graphites marbles granites ameristones etc. you just dont see alot of them because specifiefs and architects dont ever choose them. architects like plain colours more

It seems strange that Architects and clients are happy to pay a fortune for real marble and granite stone cladding a high level, when you get a similar effect using these types of systems at half the cost and look exactly the same from a distance!

It seems strange that Architects and clients are happy to pay a fortune for real marble and granite stone cladding a high level, when you get a similar effect using these types of systems at half the cost and look exactly the same from a distance!

Its annoying really mate. because it makes a nice change using granites and mozaics

Flats i used to live have been EWId and they look awfull when the sun is in the right place you can see all the insulation joins and loads of hollows why is that? is it just bad workmanship.

K rend now offer Silicone TC15 and TC30 thin coat renders onto insulation, board, block and whatever other substrates you may have

Last edited by a moderator:
Flats i used to live have been EWId and they look awfull when the sun is in the right place you can see all the insulation joins and loads of hollows why is that? is it just bad workmanship.

basecoat too thin/ boards not rasped off prior to mesh coat/ too thin board. can cause all this

This is what happens if the boards are installed wrong, or if they were styrofoam boards that were not sanded before applying the adhesive with mesh. That all.

Status
Not open for further replies.