Thincoat have a go hero

Status
Not open for further replies.
alright lads

a bloke im doing some work for has asked me to render his new build gararge.
it has a recessed blockwork 10 mm on a single lift nice easy areas to access with no big runs.

thing is he's told me he wants this new render with the dye in it so he doesnt have to paint it. hes not after snowcrete as its not protected enough without masonary paint. told him ill look into it, skimming the inside at the mo so plenty of time to research the stuff

dont know if i should just grow a pair and have a bash with this new pre bagged gear. or try and persuade him to have it old school.

can this stuff have your pants down if you dont know what your doing with it?

any advice on setting times do's and donts and what to use on this breeze block background welcome

the rendersystems bloke with the tash seems to know his onions on this stuff:RpS_thumbup:

cheers rh

NO the stuff does not clean off easy. if you drop - clean straight away. also the breakdown chemical is way expensive - so dont drop any. good luck

Cheers grand thats a great tip if it works. I have getting Triflex reineger of the len. dont use too much acrylics at the mo

I got a tub of "BIG O" from Dryvit once at around £68 plus, actually they gave it to me after a big job but it fell over in my van and I lost half of it. i couldnt breath driving for months. it smelled like orange peel from the bottom of our road so imagine what it was like inside the van. I think it is actually citrus based mono is pretty easy to shift in comparison to a silicone based acrylic finish.

Nice tip tho grand, u talkin the aerosol type like a wurth or similar

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.