Thin coat render

Members online

Amol

Hi I am in the process of building a new timber frame house and was looking for some advise.

We are looking for a thin coat render system on render board. My research has indicated that silicone render systems are generally better than acrylic ones in that they are flexible & breathable. Is there any merit to this?

Sto is said to be the best system around. Is there any merit to this argument or are they all very similar to each other?

I can get a carpenter to batten out and fix renderboard for a renderer to carry on and finish off. Is this a better solution or is it preferable to get one person to do the whole job and take overall responsibility?

Any insights will be welcome.

Morning.

sto is said to be a leader name.in the thincoat industry. but that is because they were one of the 1st commercially. sto do not tend to market the residential sector where as there are a few great systems equally good that are easily accessable as well as more cost effective.
Jub
knauf
parex to name a few.

few renderes like to batten and board some like to just render so it depends who you get to install

You ought to decide on a render manufacture and get a spec off them. Be careful with the boarding. It is not as straight forward as you might think.

Weber rep gave a client a good spec on boarding, render system. He was Shaun Moss now a big boy at Johnstones in Yorkshire.

Maybe give us what County you live in, someone on here may know of a good tech rep in your area. Not all reps are that well clued up.

I like to do my own boarding to be honest but have had joiners do it for me, the other thing is compression beads between each floor, make sure you use someone that is approved contractor. I use jub on timber frames with 0 problems and they do a nice self cleaning silicone top coat which I can highly recommend

Hello Amol

Great advice above already

Give us an idea of where you are based and I am sure some local guys will assist with pricing and local advise.

Always get to see some previous projects from guys pricing, quality Renderers will be happy for you to see previous work - the general public will be looking at the render on the outside if your finished home for a long time!

My name is Richard Lord, I am the Knauf Aquapanel Exterior Technical Manager. Knauf Aquapanel Exterior is one of the leading directly applied render carrier boards, approved with almost all of the render systems available in the UK

By all means drop me a mail with some project details and I will review and assist further with a spec and further battening and boarding details

Good Luck

Richard Lord
Knauf
rlord@knauf.co.uk

Thanks for your replies.

The job is based near Milton Keynes near the Bucks / Oxon/Northants borders.

I woould prefer to get one contracctor to do the whole job. It leaves no room for blame.

Thanks for your replies.

I woould prefer to get one contracctor to do the whole job. It leaves no room for blame.
Wise man

Thanks for your replies.

Call this guy he's local to you 07765 924082

If a guy looking like a vagrant turns up dont be alarmed thats nickelarse so called cause he looks like he's on his arse

Anyone any tips on getting a more stippled finish, have been rubbing up wetherby mineral today and found we had a few flat spots if that makes sense

Anyone any tips on getting a more stippled finish, have been rubbing up wetherby mineral today and found we had a few flat spots if that makes sense

if you require a stipple finish in acrylic ? add a small amount of water to material, use a roller with a wire frame, push an empty mastic tube onto the roller. drag the roller downwards, not up, for stipple.