thin coat, opinions

Members online

No members online now.
Status
Not open for further replies.

clivo

hi guys, gotta do a house in thin coat over unpainted tyrolean thats 60 yrs old, in your opinions whats the best sealer, backing coat and tc, ive only used krend tc so far, its good kit but wanted other views, Ryan at one stop is nearest to me and they stock Mapei , anyone used this before ? trouble with krend being in ireland is if you are short you have to wait a week for delivery so always have to over order. Cheers guys :flapper:

Krend tc you can get in buildbase.
encon do parex
ryan does mapia
direct build does jub Or go jub direct.
sig stocks weber.

So take your pic mate

Whats the main maker you use dan ? And everyone else for the sake of it .... All i have used is jub , mainly glujen omet if thats spelt right ..... First job with the acryl finish just about to start .... Is there any difference in setting times etc ? I know the first is silicone .... Is there much difference ? Ive been told theres not ?!? Lol

The thin coat is still a learning curve for me but im loving it compared to sand cement ! Which is all i knew ! Lol

Whats the main maker you use dan ? And everyone else for the sake of it .... All i have used is jub , mainly glujen omet if thats spelt right ..... First job with the acryl finish just about to start .... Is there any difference in setting times etc ? I know the first is silicone .... Is there much difference ? Ive been told theres not ?!? Lol

I use jub mate.

The unixcil. Silicone toocoat.

Niy much difference to be honest except like you say the acrylic content.

Cheers dan , what does the acrylic do different ? If anything ? All i have used is jub so far and it smells just the same as the glajen omet ! And looks the same .... Lol surely must be for different things or something ?

Cheers dan , what does the acrylic do different ? If anything ? All i have used is jub so far and it smells just the same as the glajen omet ! And looks the same .... Lol surely must be for different things or something ?

Just the silcone to acrylic content mate. I use silicone as im on the coast. Not saying i know technical but silicone protects more against algie or sumin!lol lovley gear though

Status
Not open for further replies.