Thin coat on concrete advice.

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rigsby

TPF Special Forces
I had a look at a 5 storey office block today. It is a typical early 60's style building wich is either solid concrete or glass. The concrete is bare and flat. It would need cleaning after 50 years of air pollution. The customer is after a coloured render so I suggested after the clean a thin coat fully meshed with a bucket coat on top.

They are wanting a decent warranty so I contacted Sas and sps for advice. They don't recommend a thin coat but a prep coat fully meshed, float coat giving a total of 15mm and then bucket coat. This would be too thick because of the existing sills.

Can anyone put me onto a company that can do a thin coat system direct onto concrete? It would to have to have some kind of company warranty to back it up.

K rend will be able to offer you a technical spec for their thincoat render onto site cast concrete - you will probably need to clean surface, remove any dirt & residue, then apply a liquid acrylic, polymer modified basecoat and mesh before application of TC Primer and Silicone TC15 topcoat. any queries give K rend a call on 02828 260766 for further advice and samples

go at 10mm with a mesh prep coat then bucket finish. I expect parex will go microgob maite mesh for a thin solutionof around 6-8mm overall. or a parmurex-latex at 10mm with bucket finish

Yes parex microgobetis, maite&mesh,maite,primer, topcoat. A right onion but worth it

Ok, I will ring Parex up next week but that's if they can answer the phone! Anyone know their technical number? Will give K rend a call too.

No, it's not in the bag. It's a job that the office owners had difficulty getting any builder to price. This building contractor is willing to price but like many other times need muggings here to do all the research and come up with a price he can use to base his price on.

This has been doing my head in a lately! People not knowing what they want so they get me to do all the research and a price then simply ring the competition with my specs to price on.

Really pee-ing me off. Hopefully initially I want to only give him a price with basic spec but no names. Did that recently with an SAS job and 5 days before I was due to start they cancelled because they had found someone cheaper. I can't get any client to pay anything up front or a deposit so I only order from SAS and the like when I am on the job and started. I do put in my contract that should they cancel after non returnable goods have been ordered then the goods will need to be paid for. Since putting that clause in I have not got a job!

Bloody clients! They are doing my head in!

I had a look at a 5 storey office block today. It is a typical early 60's style building wich is either solid concrete or glass. The concrete is bare and flat. It would need cleaning after 50 years of air pollution. The customer is after a coloured render so I suggested after the clean a thin coat fully meshed with a bucket coat on top.

They are wanting a decent warranty so I contacted Sas and sps for advice. They don't recommend a thin coat but a prep coat fully meshed, float coat giving a total of 15mm and then bucket coat. This would be too thick because of the existing sills.

Can anyone put me onto a company that can do a thin coat system direct onto concrete? It would to have to have some kind of company warranty to back it up.
[FONT=arial, sans-serif]How thick is required ? I think I could help if you need between 5 - 8mm.[/FONT][FONT=arial, sans-serif]
[/FONT]

No, it's not in the bag. It's a job that the office owners had difficulty getting any builder to price. This building contractor is willing to price but like many other times need muggings here to do all the research and come up with a price he can use to base his price on.

This has been doing my head in a lately! People not knowing what they want so they get me to do all the research and a price then simply ring the competition with my specs to price on.

Really pee-ing me off. Hopefully initially I want to only give him a price with basic spec but no names. Did that recently with an SAS job and 5 days before I was due to start they cancelled because they had found someone cheaper. I can't get any client to pay anything up front or a deposit so I only order from SAS and the like when I am on the job and started. I do put in my contract that should they cancel after non returnable goods have been ordered then the goods will need to be paid for. Since putting that clause in I have not got a job!

Bloody clients! They are doing my head in!

tell em you have a spec that you can provide with the 10 yr warranty etc (no names) dont give em the specs just give em the price. its the best spec out there for this type of work. let me know the surface condition etc (any pics) i will ask them to get a spec over to you on pdf for the application

thats because they dont have a base suitable or strong/flexi enough at 4mm.

Status
Not open for further replies.