Thin Coat Application Video

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi merlin cud ya run through that process (timings etc) Also any particular sponge float
or just your average orange one. Cheers ???

i section once firmed up, much like mono, so you cant make dent with thumb but can with thumbnail, and yeah orange sponge floats and make sure you keep it wet,

so the thin coat goes on when you can still mark it with your thumb nail? (sorry bout all the questions)

top tip use a hose on mist or light spray as any sort of area with the sponge is pants with a bucket as one dunk goes nowhere

you wanna be trying the filzomat for the above. you can rub up as soon as u finished spraying leaving just touching up and reveals to clear up

can you get that same sharpness with ruling and floating as you can when finishing like mono then sponging? I guess it would take a lot more fussing at spray/rule stage but then you don't have to wait and finish and clear up the spoil later on so prob worth trying that method

the job i took over in sc unthorpe had been sprayed with 1.5mm parex acryilic and it was a right mess... no disrespect to the machine guys... but 1, 1.5mm should always be hand applied if you want a flat finish, as for the make of the marmorit i cant remember im back down next week to finish 1 wall as they ran out so i will post a pic of the tubs

I disagree mate a right f**k**g mess is down to the skill of the applicator not the method. You could sit for hours just looking at the sprayed acrylic work I've been involved in(and have!!)and I've been known to be a right miserable picky fussy awkward bustard with a keen eye for what looks good and what doesn't when it comes to render. Sprayed thin coat done well is where it's at in terms of render pioneering and contrasted with some lovelly HAND applied bandwork showing real skill can look out of this world.

@render that would be great thanks.
@ Darran yeah you can achieve the same sharpness, you can still shave anything that makes you're eyes uncomfortable but the whole surface is closed in and the need for sparks coming off the iframe is no more only touching up

Status
Not open for further replies.