Thin Coat Application Video

Status
Not open for further replies.
i knew you lot said it went on thin but i didnt realise it was that thin. how long do you have to wait to start rubbing up? so say i had an extension to do and it was new block work. what would be used as a base coat?

i would use OCR then the thin coat... and yes it only goes on as thick as the grit size in the mix... that one there is 1.5mm

marmorit is a Knauf product, i like to prime before top coating is the background doesnt match OCR but the contractor didnt get any so just made sure we covered the grey render completley

@ RENDER, i am aware that marmorit is knauf, that product looks like knauf only. Reason i ask is i want to know if knauf are branding a product as just knauf or did it say knauf marmorit

i bet les is in bed with it as we speak ( like that tv programme with the bloke in bed with a dog)

Are you gonna try and pump 7mm through it

that's the plan rough as fukc roughcast is the main course......kinell be like a machine gun with those conkers coming out

if there's any trace of k.y. on any holes there'll be hell to play...............me first ;D

3mm looks big when its sprayed, i wonder what it would look like if you sprayed a thin 3mm bedcoat of adhesive and sprayed a 3mm or more into it

worth a go i reckon, i find when you spray texture even the slightest mark underneath grins through, if you finish it by hand that hides more

marmorit do a 7mm roughcast which they say aint pumpable but is that because most machines wont handle it? on the other hand they do a mineral texture at 5mm which will pump. Even 5mm will look good in a colour or painted. 3mm does look good sprayed but is still in the modern roughcast camp really.

there's a sort of thread developing here and as intriguing as it is.....is prob best left alone for the benefit of the wider forum :D

do you just rule off the base coat or rub it up as well? i couldn't see from the vid mate.

madmonk said:
yes pug its ocr just treat it like render finish but has to be pretty spot on for acrylic finish

do you finish it like render or rub it up with a devil float mate?

Status
Not open for further replies.