Thin coat acrylic render

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.
yeah that pobol y cwm bloke didn't exactly hold back his feelings about that architect who specified the limecrete save the planet floor

sprayit said:
that looks imressive to me. I was asked to do a coloured screed recently and was looking at weber maxit coloured screeds that are quite expensive, what are the limits like can you use over a anhydrate screed

What is anhydrate screed???
grand wizard said:
looks like terrazzo
plasterjfe said:
looks interesting i have seen the floors done and its a long process, is it time consuming on the walls also

Its virtually the same as terrazzo.
It is time consuming.

Anhydrite is the liquid screed that is used in place of traditional semi dry. Its Gypsum based and you need to prepare it before laying a cement product on it like tile adhesive.

This can be applied to most substrates/sufaces, i have put together a primer that will seal and adhere to alomost anything.
The job i am doing at the minute is over gypsum plastered walls some parts are painted. I have to take the paint off first before priming.

I have just done a sample on a piece of formica kitchen worktop with a simple lip mould on the front edge, in the mix i have used black pigment and for the aggrgate i have used black basalt and mirrored glass. This looks amazing.

[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]About 30 years ago I wanted to put external wall insulation on my building, couldn't find commercial products to do this so used a rubber modified cement based tile adhesive on the brickwork to attach polystyrene sheets. Rendered over top of polystyrene with same adhesive with added polyester fibres, and cement pigment, embedded glass mesh in this and stainless steel drive pins for extra security. Finished off with the tile adhesive with pigment. Still solid and working well.[/FONT]

About 30 years ago I wanted to put external wall insulation on my building, couldn't find commercial products to do this so used a rubber modified cement based tile adhesive on the brickwork to attach polystyrene sheets. Rendered over top of polystyrene with same adhesive with added polyester fibres, and cement pigment, embedded glass mesh in this and stainless steel drive pins for extra security. Finished off with the tile adhesive with pigment. Still solid and working well.

wow gutsy move that , got any pics of the work in progress and finished

Status
Not open for further replies.