thermal upgrade perhaps

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

plasterjfe

Private Member
just been to see a job that is a full removal and refit of the old render. guy would be happy with a straight monocolour but taking on board these regs that say a property with no cavity that is rendered must be thermally upgraded if more than 25% of the original is to be replaced has me thinking.

it is a solid 9" brick constuction and we are to replace 100% of the render so anyone who has heard of or knows about these regs or have had similar issue please comment

I'm going to be re-rendering my old cottage later this year and can feel the pain in my wallet already, I was thinking of using the thermal lined Rendalath as I'm going to be Pargetting over it so not in the market for any of the thin coat systems.

not worth the paper it's printed on in practice. Maybe before the recession they were well founded but in this climate no. There's so many loopholes to justifying not doing any thermal upgrade on financial, cosmetic, practical grounds it's not worth worrying about.

Goody have you used the Rendalath system as I'd like to make my cold little hovel as warm as possible.

goody said:
not worth the paper it's printed on in practice. Maybe before the recession they were well founded but in this climate no. There's so many loopholes to justifying not doing any thermal upgrade on financial, cosmetic, practical grounds it's not worth worrying about.

will I have to get the client to refuse the insulated system to cover my own ar5e? he aint gonna pay the extra for the insulated job btw

I used rendalath pal but not the insulated one its mechanically fixed and twined together plus render thickness is slightly more than usual

never used it andy. the customer needs building regs permission to carry out the work and any form of upgrade will be discussed at this point with the officer who visits that's all, nothing to worry about on your part.

goody said:
never used it andy. the customer needs building regs permission to carry out the work and any form of upgrade will be discussed at this point with the officer who visits that's all, nothing to worry about on your part.

Rite o i will give him two prices anyway

plasterjfe said:
just been to see a job that is a full removal and refit of the old render. guy would be happy with a straight monocolour but taking on board these regs that say a property with no cavity that is rendered must be thermally upgraded if more than 25% of the original is to be replaced has me thinking.

it is a solid 9" brick constuction and we are to replace 100% of the render so anyone who has heard of or knows about these regs or have had similar issue please comment

If building control are involved i would be surprised if not certain you can just say i dont want it coz it dont work like that, but the other way round it is to insulate the inside with a similar system unfortunetly U values can be a pain in the arse.

Status
Not open for further replies.