the very best way once and for all!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

platinum

what is the very best to overboard a ceiling???? smash a whole each side and snap a chalk line all the way accross to see where the joists are.... which are always 400mm centres anyway ;) screw them up scrim your joints and skim away...... is there any better way / tricks / anything???? ???

I'm just about to start overboarding a ceiling today in a house I have bought and the joist are all at different centres ranging from 310mm to 460mm. Luckily the floor boards have been up for a rewire and I have measured them from above and made a plan of the centres and marked the walls and ceiling which I am about to board..

I'm rough as fook when i locate joists. I find the 1st joist and mark it with a pencil then I'll move across 400mm and poke through ceiling with screwdriver til i hit it and mark it when found. same on other side then chalk em. looks like it's had machine gun fire afterwards but who cares, gonna get over boarded anyway.

Smash holes in the ceiling to locate joists, ping a chalk line, then cross latt at 400 centres with slate latt. It takes a little longer, but guarantees centres are bang on, and gives you a chance of ironing out any bumps/hollows in the ceiling. Perfect for skimming.

Status
Not open for further replies.