The Makita UT1600 1800w Plaster Mixer Review

Status
Not open for further replies.
After I received news about the new Makita plaster mixer, I decided to get in touch with them and see if I can get a closer look as I feel that there is room within the industry for a new mixer company and why not a Makita mixer?

IMG_5100-1024x683.jpg

The Makita UT1600 1800w Plaster Mixer Review - Plasterers News

Looks an awful lot like the refina megamixers is it as good? Reckon they might be open to you passing it on to a few people for a weeks test drive?

Oh yes its a shameless plug but as honest as your going to get :)

Soft start annoys me but what what annoys me more is hanging around waiting for the whisk to stop :-(

I like to get straight cracking when I am spinning up :)

I have no experience with the Refina Megamixers so am not in a position to comment :-\

The mixer is already out on loan as of monday...lol

Worth a try. When you say soft start do u mean when some of them do that bloody stupid thing of a time delay/build up? Hate that but a trigger that comtrols the revs is a must.

Was it a joke that they sent you that paddle with it lol? glad you reviewed this been looking for a new mixer,like the look of the alfra eibenstock her 23/

it depends where it is going to fit in price wise.
if the cost is close to the refina, i would purchase a refina.
the makita has got to be low priced as the belle 1600e is now about £150. which will give you fair wear.
if it is priced at the top end it has got to be able to beat a bosch.

the trigger is sensitive... so half trigger is half speed....

My old mixer had a screw you wound in so I could effectively set it at half speed and lock it.... that is all that was missing for me but i soon got use to it...

The whisk on it came off my draper mixer...lol

I am not sure what servicing is like on these but I am pretty confident in Makita products so I should think its all grand...

The wife was spinning up a fair bit hence why it caked in dust and splashes.... in fact all round the flat there is splatter up the walls... I would set up a board for her to spin up next to and she would always move away from there.... beats me that....

Anyway.... good mixer... got another video today more like a tour really :)

Who also does the 1 footed water bucket tip???

Last edited:
in that video @carlos it was the first mix in the place with a brand new mixer, bucket trowel and bucket...lol Bucket trowel si from @Plasterers1StopShop and its pucker :D Lasted the test of time... beaten the crap out of it :D and still is as strong as the day I bought it :)

Last edited:
@Danny nice legs, errrr I mean mixer there haha. If you want me to have a bash with it let me know. I'll let you borrow my new mega mixer and you can compare

Last edited by a moderator:
Good drill !!

On the subject of over spin. Leave the drill in the plaster until stopped. The plasters viscosity will rapidly reduce the drills spin on, after power off.

Why would any one have a drill still rotating after they have removed it from a mix, apart from wanting to Tyrolean the nearest wall and floor.

I know it's a different mixer but I'm after getting one has anybody had any experience with the orange alfra eibenstock 1800w mixer

I know it's a different mixer but I'm after getting one has anybody had any experience with the orange alfra eibenstock 1800w mixer
Same as what ive been looking at,I think alfra make drills for refina,refina just put their stickers on and charge more for it.

Same as what ive been looking at,I think alfra make drills for refina,refina just put their stickers on and charge more for it.

Yep that's right I have one and it's been great not missed a beat & £100+ less than mega mixer..

Few lads have them on here

Good drill !!

On the subject of over spin. Leave the drill in the plaster until stopped. The plasters viscosity will rapidly reduce the drills spin on, after power off.

Why would any one have a drill still rotating after they have removed it from a mix, apart from wanting to Tyrolean the nearest wall and floor.

If you take the drill out of the mix when its spinning it cleans the excess off

Listen to @SpankySouthport as for once he's right lol Eibenstock 1800w mixer kicks ass just as the megamixer does but about a £100 cheaper and made by the same company of ze Germans I got mine brand new off eBay £275 after haggling with the seller ! Don't ask you don't get :RpS_thumbup:

Last edited by a moderator:
I can't believe I watched the video seeing as I have that mixer already, I really like it, it's just as good as my old refina mm19.

Status
Not open for further replies.