the going rates?

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

plasterer

site work!? well, not quite sure what that means? oh yer it seams to be work your nutts off fo a pittens of pay, while eUros swan around doing jack s**t!! thats what it means!!!!!

been working for 1.85 a sqaure just been lucky its been corridors so hasnt really affected the wage soon will do when we get in the apartments tho!!

1.85!!!!!! s**t I am moaning at £3!!

having said that i am carrying one other spread who thinks he is the king but he is slow and rough as f**k!

so that might be my prob not the price

Danny

Danny said:
1.85!!!!!! S*** I am moaning at £3!!

having said that i am carrying one other spread who thinks he is the king but he is slow and rough as F***!

so that might be my prob not the price

Danny

s**t id be creaming it on these corridors at 3 quid a square haha

owwwww i hate seeing these minuscule rates publicised...
can i make a suggestion?
is there any way we could separate site work from private work as viewed from the public viewpoint?
I realise that as plasterers we are fully aware of the difference between site and private but old joe public aint?
maybe keep site references confined to the 'plasterers only' board...
its just that people ring me up (1 only this week) and say, i have an artex ceiling i want skimmed, and 1 wall, but the walls only small (4m long) cos its got a fireplace and 2 windows in it...(not to mention the fact that when you get there its also got 3 double sockets dead close together, its coved, the skirtings (pencil round been overskimmed once already) staying on, its got a 'real oak' floor and the fireplace is some fussy squiggly detail job...)

yeh, i agree, nothing worse than carrying someone...
still is this the geezer that gave you a start? tricky...
but you could separate your work from his, then let whoevers payin the wages pull him up...

good old fashioned price work ;D.....im doing more than you .....you picked me up late this morning .......lets bead up and set up before we leave ........ill mix you spread.......ill have all the nice walls and leave you with the s**t ......fook it lets clean up in the morning......sometimes its best to work alone !

all too true that mate... comes down to partnerships again... makes enemies out of the best mates... never a good idea..

i had a cracking lab last week i'll work with another spread if im nackered or bored and the feelings usually mutual ...anyway we had our first day on site, take gear up get inducted etc and did 12 bags in in two sets ...its now 4.30 and he says to me do you want to get another set on i dont mind .........i nearly cried ;D......gutted know cause ive had to lay him off till the boarders get going again (aparently there scared of snow ???) .....it's nice to see a lad working hard though never had a lad before with the same attitude !
ive bought him subways everyday and paid him for a day off, he earnt every single penny of his money .........

Status
Not open for further replies.