The best way to get more metres in a day

Status
Not open for further replies.

sharky

Hi,
i was wondering how you guys knocked up to get more metres in a day.
There is 2 of us and we both put on (no lab) and we knock up 3-4bags as a first coat then put a second coat on that.
Then we only get time to put on another set the same as above in a day (each set taking 3.5 hours) is this too long for a set?
With prep work at the beginning and cleaning up at the end is a full day.

How do you guys knock up to get more on in a day, smaller but more sets or bigger and less sets?

any advice appreciated

cheers

i've done 3 smaller sets and 2 very big sets and you don't get that much more done in the 3 sets. get yourself a labourer so you arent mixing and cleaning. you'll be amazed the amount of time you actually spend NOT plastering when you havent got a labourer.

ive just noticed you said 3.5 hours a set. i dont think ive ever taken that long to do a set. this afternoon we did 2 ceilings using about 4 bags. start to finish was around 2 hours

Agree with flynny 3 decent sets is pushing it day in day out even with a lab 1 coat it f.u.c.k em

no what i mean is i use roughly half the amount of scratch coat for the top coat. what is the overall thickness of your skim? if your putting it on too thick itll be slowing you down aswell

we did a 30m ceiling today 2.5 hrs start to finish also the finish was a deep pink coulor almost heading towards red colour felt weird an looked it come bg whats goin on

madmonk that sounds like out of date gear it' goes darker when it's old who to say there not rebagging with a fresh stamp on it

Yes she was what a woman.She is after my mate cus he has just bought an Audi convertable and she wants a spin in it.HMMMMMM???

you should see her bubbles, tall long blonde hair slim as, fit as you like drives an evo wears mini skirts and 6 inch stillettos AND WORKS IN TRAVIS PERKINS!!!!!!!!!!!

7:30 am paddles goes in. 10am trowled up. Start another set and have lunch during set, trowled up 1pm. 3rd set and clean up, gone home at 4:30pm. Preps the key for 3 sets.
Another trick I used was staggered sets. Get first coat on, 2 bags. Then trowel off. Mix again a smaller set, 1 bag. Put second coat on first set, 1 bag. Then second coat 2nd set. trowel off and finish. I stagger reveals and small areas in lofts etc. Use the time between trowling up to spread something while you wait.

Hi,
i was wondering how you guys knocked up to get more metres in a day.
There is 2 of us and we both put on (no lab) and we knock up 3-4bags as a first coat then put a second coat on that.
Then we only get time to put on another set the same as above in a day (each set taking 3.5 hours) is this too long for a set?
With prep work at the beginning and cleaning up at the end is a full day.

How do you guys knock up to get more on in a day, smaller but more sets or bigger and less sets?

any advice appreciated

cheers

get a labourer to prep in front and clean up then you will get 3 sets

Status
Not open for further replies.