Texture washed off with rain !!!!

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.
Had a gable end of a house washed off 3 days after i done it , its 1.5 mm acrylic some parts are still on can i go straight over with more acrylic or should i base coat first??? Any help?

Aslong as its not a huge amount you can go straight On it.
ideally you need a flat surface. If there alot washed off id basecoat.
little areas maybe patch in?

Id be concerned why washing off after 3 days

Weather has been cold and got a very heavy downpour basically stripped it back to basecoat in 80% of the gable. Was worried about goin. Straight over all of it as might seethe lines where there were patches still on, never had acrylic wash off before. And thanks spunky for your input very helpful u must come on here to make yourself feel good about yourself.

You tell us you're the ******* plaster master!

Bit awkward this as if you go over the top which you can, where you go over the coating and primer you may well get a ridge showing in the sun.

Can you take it all off if it still soft or patch up where it has come off to level up then go over the whole of it?

If you do it again try using an accelerator and cover up, at this time of year it can take weeks to go off.

Last edited:
If you have used machine you can spray the patches, otherwise basecoat followed by top coat i am afraid

Had a gable end of a house washed off 3 days after i done it , its 1.5 mm acrylic some parts are still on can i go straight over with more acrylic or should i base coat first??? Any help?
I had same problem on Friday, had to finish the gable on a job, covered up but when i came back sat morn some had run off the walls, luckily it had not gone off so i could still reapply it and float back up. I covered up again and set up a space heater under the tarp, checked it this morn and most of it has gone off but still some areas are softish. Bad time of year for thin coats me thinks :RpS_mad:

Thanks for the replies , it was sempre its a company based in ireland think there german. Will probably basecoat and reapply as im afraid it might show where the bits remain underneath .

Status
Not open for further replies.