Tennis elbow

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

dai dog

It's really getting me down now, & the doctor said take a fortnight off, there's nothing you can do other than let it heal itself! Have you guys used a certain pain killer that works well with it? I've heard the copper bracelets are good? Cheers, Rhys.

I've just had it bad mate for the second time, i rested for a fortnight over Christmas and it did nothing for me. Just had it injected and its sound now.

Oh cool, is that steroid/cortezone? My phisio said I couldn't inject the elbow/tendon? I'll go to the doctors in the morning!

Yes mate steroid/cortisone had 2 on the outside of elbow and just had 1 on the inside. I believe you can have a max of three in the same area.
Dont always work though, has done this time which is good news.

Hi dai dog , a copper braclet worked for me , but my carpal tunnel injury was on my wrist , so not sure if it work for you , i think its the cortezone injection u need sorry to say , i went private ( on my elbow ) so i could choose the time more than anything else , cost around £170 at the time , and you need a couple of weeks off to rest it afterwards and i reconmend you do just that , put it in a sling so you remember not to use it , the better the injection works that way , i have no pain at all from my elbow now , so best of luck .

P.S , if you want to try the braclet first get the type with magnets in , it really worked for me i had cortezone in my wrist but i dont think looking back i rested it enough , tried the plasterers wedding ring and it worked within a couple of days ,voodo mumbo maybe , but no pain with the braclet on ...

masons have a secret handshake to recognise each other we have the braclet :RpS_thumbup:

I had tennis elbow got a magnetic braclet and it helped loads being had it on for 7 years now sometime if been flat out seven days it can just crop up be only little bit.
my wife is a hairdresser and got tennis elbow really bad 3 injections and no joy had the op on the elbow and it's fine now no pain

its the carpal tunnel release surgery , got told by the consutant thats 6-8 weeks off for us , theres a video on you tube , wont put it up at this time in the morning tho :RpS_scared:

Its good also to change your grip, wrap cloth around your trowel and duck tape it , makes world of a difference

Hi dai dog , a copper braclet worked for me , but my carpal tunnel injury was on my wrist , so not sure if it work for you , i think its the cortezone injection u need sorry to say , i went private ( on my elbow ) so i could choose the time more than anything else , cost around £170 at the time , and you need a couple of weeks off to rest it afterwards and i reconmend you do just that , put it in a sling so you remember not to use it , the better the injection works that way , i have no pain at all from my elbow now , so best of luck .

Church you should just be able to go the doctors mate, ive had 3 in mine now and never been charged a penny.

you can get elbow supports with magnets in, these helped me when i had it,,also i tried to only take on skimming work when possible,, work was a lot better then so i could be chosey

Epsom salts is supposed to be good, make a paste dip a bandage in it and wrap it round your elbow, soaks into the muscle and bone.:RpS_thumbup:

Only problem with injections is it only masks the problem. When they wear off it'll come back twice as bad. Suppose there's no other option though. This bloody job eh. Both my elbows are on their way out.

You could try either a sports therapist or an osteo. If the pain is on the outside of the elbow, its tennis elbow, inside is golfers - apparently. Either is unpleasant and in your line of work, unavoidable quite often.

You could also (as someone else suggested) try wearing one of those sports support cuff things (worn just below the elbow on the forearm). It helps to absorb the shocks before hitting the elbow.

Rest probably is the best cure, but when you're working, that's not really an option. I would definitely give the manipulator therapies a go. If you live anywhere near NESCOT college in Epsom, they have osteo students there, very reasonably priced and very good.

Can you put the cost of treatment through your books? I had 6 months treatment with a chiropractor a few years back and never thought about it until now.

you can get elbow supports with magnets in, these helped me when i had it,,also i tried to only take on skimming work when possible,, work was a lot better then so i could be chosey

just ordered one of these, one for the knee aswell, 6 quid each on fleabay.

Hi @beddy

Unfortunately its highly unlikely, especially if you are PAYE. HMRC are really strict on tax claims and unless something is wholly exclusively and necessarily a work expense, it would probably be disallowed. They go on about duality of purpose.

Mind you, if the injury can be proven to be caused by work and treatment is needed to carry on with work, perhaps an apportioned claim would be appropriate. Certainly worth asking your accountant what his view is.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.