Tennis Elbow

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

Captaincaveman

Whatever you do, don't try to make the rubbish in a one ton dumpy bag 'settle' properly by pulling it up at the corners.
I've now slightly torn both muscles in my forearms and have tennis elbow.
Really pi$$ed off as I have a load of lime plastering to do. Having to spread toward me on all strokes instead of away. Pain in the bloody arse! No, pain in the elbows.
Now on Ibuprofen and Codeine and strapped up arms. :RpS_mad:

I've had it both elbows now for over five years and although i can feel it there its not painful. I always get on the plaster nice and early so i dont need to put much pressure on it, seems to work. Got it on my left elbow carrying sheets of plasterboard up to a top floor flat we were doing, now just let the young ones carry it.

Permanently got tennis and golfers in right elbow, left wrist feels like it's held together with elastic bands!

Never sufferd from tennis elbow thankfully, occasionally get wankers cramp tho..:RpS_crying:

Last edited:
I was told by my Chiro keep off the tools for at least 2 years being 54 at the time. Well I have, I do the beading, meshing, spatting and rubbing up but no putting on with a trowel.

It is still there and get over confident and it comes back to remind me. Two years are up this November but I don't think I will be putting on like I used to. In a way it is nature telling me I am no spring chicken anymore and time to slow down.

When you start to go to your cousins funerals you start to have a different outlook on life.

I was told by my Chiro keep off the tools for at least 2 years being 54 at the time. Well I have, I do the beading, meshing, spatting and rubbing up but no putting on with a trowel.

It is still there and get over confident and it comes back to remind me. Two years are up this November but I don't think I will be putting on like I used to. In a way it is nature telling me I am no spring chicken anymore and time to slow down.

When you start to go to your cousins funerals you start to have a different outlook on life.
how warm and cheery Rigsby, best of health to you all the same

are you getting a replacement so you can be in the aged plasterers gang like asif & andy.............:RpS_thumbup:

Have a look on eBay for polar ice , it does the opposite. To deep heat , as my doc explained cold treatment is now recommended for this injury , it won't cure it but will ease it , it works for me

cortisone injection in both elbows if the doc hits the spot youll hit the roof but they work and last for years keep of the kango though .tip for the auld yins OVER FIFTY NO LIFTY

cortisone injection in both elbows if the doc hits the spot youll hit the roof but they work and last for years keep of the kango though .tip for the auld yins OVER FIFTY NO LIFTY
Cortisone is so hit and miss,it's basically an antiflammatory delivered to the inflamed spot,if its that simple you are very lucky, I have had loads in knees shoulder elbow,

your right it can be a hit or miss but you know when you get a hit only ever had them in elbows so I suppose I am lucky

Cortisone (/ˈkɔrtɨsoʊn/ or /ˈkɔrtɨzoʊn/; 17-hydroxy-11-dehydrocorticosterone) is a 21-carbon steroid hormone. It is one of the main hormones released by the adrenal gland in response to stress. In chemical structure, it is a corticosteroid closely related to cortisol. It is used to treat a variety of ailments and can be administered intravenously, orally, intraarticularly (into a joint), or transcutaneously. Cortisone suppresses the immune system, thus reducing inflammation and attendant pain and swelling at the site of the injury. Risks exist, in particular in the long-term use of cortisone.[1][2]

Cortisone (/ˈkɔrtɨsoʊn/ or /ˈkɔrtɨzoʊn/; 17-hydroxy-11-dehydrocorticosterone) is a 21-carbon steroid hormone. It is one of the main hormones released by the adrenal gland in response to stress. In chemical structure, it is a corticosteroid closely related to cortisol. It is used to treat a variety of ailments and can be administered intravenously, orally, intraarticularly (into a joint), or transcutaneously. Cortisone suppresses the immune system, thus reducing inflammation and attendant pain and swelling at the site of the injury. Risks exist, in particular in the long-term use of cortisone.[1][2]

You really know your stuff I'll give you that John.

Taking aside Andy's ,aside' cortisone is basically an anti inflammatory when used on tennis elbow, allowing the joint to be manipulated for physio etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.