Teach me about......

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.
I usually leave a tub of with the customer - dropped one off today for someone as it happens(Plasprime):RpS_thumbup:

and the customer paints it on for you? wouldnt have thought many would do that

If i pva something and dont get round to skimming it that day, when I come back the next day I pva it again

once neet pva'd a mirror in a bathroom (song there somewhere lol) and waited till it went tacky then skimmed over it. it was in the middle of some tiles skimmed them too but done loads of skims over tiles but was shitting myself about the mirror

is this the wicks bond it that you all talk about? (was just browsing around looking at prices of things) if it is how long does it last you? does it last longer than pva?

yes Wickes Bonding Agent (WBA)

cheers danny, do you really need to put it on 24hrs before hand because going to someone's house a day before just to paint the stuff on is just stupid and not realistic

done right pva takes some beating .skim it while still tacky in and out of someones house same day no extra visit more cost effective saves time

If i pva something and dont get round to skimming it that day, when I come back the next day I pva it again

once neet pva'd a mirror in a bathroom (song there somewhere lol) and waited till it went tacky then skimmed over it. it was in the middle of some tiles skimmed them too but done loads of skims over tiles but was shitting myself about the mirror

Wow, i think i would off crapped me sen as well, skim over a mirror lol

Yes mate, about half of the customers I offer this option to choose to apply it themselves.....usually younger or 'cost-conscious' ones - it's all about reading the customer first :RpS_thumbup:

And sod that with the mirror - it could reflect badly on you:RpS_wink:

Wow, i think i would off crapped me sen as well, skim over a mirror lol
ay and its still on now,, amazing stuff that pva (put it on neet then let it go proper tacky then skim it) skimmed over loads of tiles and i suppose they are the same as the mirror. saying that they have all been oap's so i dont think there has been any funny business going on at bath time lol

Yes mate, about half of the customers I offer this option to choose to apply it themselves.....usually younger or 'cost-conscious' ones - it's all about reading the customer first :RpS_thumbup:

And sod that with the mirror - it could reflect badly on you:RpS_wink:
pmsl onni if it falls off

skimmed over a mirror? my old gaffer would have had a fit i would have took it down and bonded over the tiles before skimming better yet chop them all off and do the job properly .

skimmed over a mirror? my old gaffer would have had a fit i would have took it down and bonded over the tiles before skimming better yet chop them all off and do the job properly .

when the customer wants something doing mate ya just get on with it, best thing about it was they were gonna tile over it, told them to just tile over the tiles but no they didnt want that lol

Status
Not open for further replies.