Tardex

Members online

any one used it ,is it any good ,mixed some up today 500ml to four bag mix in Sp11 bang on 50 metres will c in morn ,temps rising this week ,sprayed on for 3 cheers

tardex is a retarder , why would you use a retarder in parex that's a slow setter anyway, in December ?
It's suppose to be used in extreme plus temperatures so the set doesn't rapid set and shrink and allows the render to hydrate.

I use it. Parex claims it is an initial set retarder it keeps the material open longer before skinning. It has worked though as a retarder for in most cases. Heat loss on poorly insulated houses is a problem as the heat makes it start to dry out.

Got some ready mixed concrete retarder recently. That stayd wet for 48 hours. Think I will put an egg cup full in next time.

never had a reason to use it really, they use a lot of it in warmer places I'm led to believe

Christ I always want it to set quicker, never had it where I've needed to slow it down.
Parex is great in winter but always use hurry up now in summer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I can imagine in a warm climate using a retarder to prolong the usability when spraying. I have had it here when on a hot day the gear is getting too stiff to rule if the sprayer is getting carried away.