tape

Status
Not open for further replies.

frankk

Paper tape or fibre tape.whitch is best,stronger and can plaster go over paper tape or is it just for jointing.
thanks.franco.

Paper tape&jf much better job, in fact gypsum won't stand over anything else.

Sent from my HUAWEI G6-L11 using Tapatalk

I paper tape all my boarding only scrim if time contraints or someone else's dodgy boarding. i use easy fill 45 as I can skim same day, other fillers or taping compounds use powder only but may have to skim next day. I also use tapered boards 8x3 12.5mm for ceilings.

Last edited:
Paper tape&jf much better job, in fact gypsum won't stand over anything else.

Sent from my HUAWEI G6-L11 using Tapatalk

You mean Irish Gypsum won't stand over anything else?
Maybe that's because they don't manufacture it though eh??

Funny how British gypsum stand over scrim tape, ah but they make their own [emoji6]

Don't disagree though, paper tape is a good job.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Who actually uses paper tape?
f**k that scrim all day long
Was only asking for advice mate.
Mabye the recomendations of others seem to differ?
Is it ok to go over paper tape with just multi? Or do u need to go over with easifill first?

Last edited:
Just multi.
It's a good job but there is nothing at all wrong with scrim.
I won't use paper tape, ever.
As Bobby said; f**k that.

No need to soak them in water!
Just butter your joint put the tape on and give them all a light coating after you've finished your last tape.
You needed to soak the brown tapes for Artex years ago, I've had no paper tape failures in 25 years.

No need to soak them in water!
Just butter your joint put the tape on and give them all a light coating after you've finished your last tape.
You needed to soak the brown tapes for Artex years ago, I've had no paper tape failures in 25 years.

The tape I've seen recently here is still the brown stuff, and it's unethical ( or a t**t) to use on internals where you aren't skimming the adjacent wall for a few days.

Status
Not open for further replies.