tanking

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

khew3955

hi
ive been asked to price for a job tanking using a product called soviegn.i was just wondering if anyone has used it and also what rate people were charging per metre

Click On Johns link mate, why are you using sovereign ?? Has it been specified by the customer??

yeah been specified.im jst struggling to price for anything like this as it aint really my everyday thing.done quite a bit of tanking but not used this product before.

do you not have to be an approved soverign contractor to use there gear for guarantee purposes??

soverign is the best waterproofe additive that we have used. have a look at their web page, all the material prices are there

im a kingfisher man mesell like........................:RpS_thumbsup:

if it works for you use it. we have not done any damp proofe jobs recently.
soverign waterproofe additive is very good gear, i would have confidence using it for stone dashing where as most waterproofe additives are useless

if it works for you use it. we have not done any damp proofe jobs recently.
soverign waterproofe additive is very good gear, i would have confidence using it for stone dashing where as most waterproofe additives are useless
compared to sika ,how would you rate it....

we always mix waterproofe additive in a bucket with the gauging water, mixing it with an off cut of angle bead,
we have found that if you just throw the water proofe additive in the mixer it does not go through the mix properly therefore it does not work for you.
soverign is a most reliable additive that we have used. sika is a low priced one from b and q but still better then some.
with some of the additives it tells you on the back of the container that you have to add extra cement to make it workable

we always mix waterproofe additive in a bucket with the gauging water, mixing it with an off cut of angle bead,

Done all that and still couldn't get it working

possibly, but its £40 a gallon for sika one mixed ratio 10/1 so it gets used quickly ,cheap stuff generally ratio 30/1 .I do mean to try soveregn, never see it fo sale here, its all sika in london merchants..

possibly, but its £40 a gallon for sika one mixed ratio 10/1 so it gets used quickly ,cheap stuff generally ratio 30/1 .I do mean to try soveregn, never see it fo sale here, its all sika in london merchants..

we purchase direct from soverign chemicals .never seen it on sale at builders merchants.
we first used soverign materials, while working for a damp proofe co. it worked well ,so we have continued to use it.

The idea with Soverign is you get in touch with a rep, he comes out to the property and inspects the damp and 5 days later you get a quant and spec list which you can then price on and you can even give the customer the website so they can see the costs at 'retail' ;). Finish the work as per spec get your rep back out and he signs it off with a 30yr guarantee boom job done! Good money earnt on mats and lab! :RpS_thumbsup:

Not common knowledge though so shhhh

The idea with Soverign is you get in touch with a rep, he comes out to the property and inspects the damp and 5 days later you get a quant and spec list which you can then price on and you can even give the customer the website so they can see the costs at 'retail' ;). Finish the work as per spec get your rep back out and he signs it off with a 30yr guarantee boom job done! Good money earnt on mats and lab! :RpS_thumbsup:

Not common knowledge though so shhhh
sika do the same but its so expensive...

sika do the same but its so expensive...

Yh non of its cheap when damp is in the mix, I've only just been introduced to this system but many people sware by them, got the fella in on Monday when I was pricing a job he is just speccing for tanking where as probably would have injected, in the spec he wants me to use k11 on all the floor beams as well so far away from the wall, I defo think its a good system to get warranted

I had sika once quote £5000 for their materials, all premixed etc but I believe it can be mixed by ourselves, I like the thinking behind what you are doing..

I am yet to get the spec/price for the mats but will let you know, it's a 3 bed terrace all walls downstairs stripped back to brick 1 meter from floor level and a couple of foot below floor level...

Well i am a damp proofer and used kingfisher and soverign and both a really good.

Personally its not an easy job the sh*t gets everywhere, best use a disposable overall.

do you know the specs etc ?

What price have you worked out per sqm ? i have a few prices dependant on location etc.

Well i am a damp proofer and used :RpS_scared:fkingfisher and soverign and both a really good.

Personally its not an easy job the sh*t gets everywhere, best use a disposable overall.

do you know the specs etc ?

What price have you worked out per sqm ? i have a few prices dependant on location etc.

Prices :RpS_lol:

not got the spec yet so can't price until then didn't take any measurements personally left that to rep

Well i hope you trust him because people do make mistakes.

Plus the rep will over spec the job so you buy more product lol.

Make sure you put plenty of SBR in the render at least 2 litres and becareful with waterproofer you know too much is bad, makes the render crumble.

Soverign will give you the info, what you doing to the floor ?

Well i hope you trust him because people do make mistakes.

Plus the rep will over spec the job so you buy more product lol.

Make sure you put plenty of SBR in the render at least 2 litres and becareful with waterproofer you know too much is bad, makes the render crumble.

Soverign will give you the info, what you doing to the floor ?

The floor is bouncing at both thresholds so he will spec to coat k11 with it so far In ward on the floor joists, there will be a chippy ripping up the floor and replacing/treating joists where needed, I imagine they will have a proprietary render or at least additive that they will spec??

personally have done maybe 10 dpc creams and rerendered with waterproofer, but obviously never been able to guaranty it. I am always very carful and precise when using any additives.

Any other hurdles you can think of that might come up please feel feel to share.

cheers Ben

Well is the floor a suspended timber floor ?

If it is suspended make sure you have enough ventilation (airbricks) in the wall.

Sounds straight forward, i could do that with my eyes closed.

Just remember if there has been rot, make sure you treat it.

Well is the floor a suspended timber floor ?

If it is suspended make sure you have enough ventilation (airbricks) in the wall.

Sounds straight forward, i could do that with my eyes closed.

Just remember if there has been rot, make sure you treat it.

Bet you couldnt...........................:RpS_wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.