Tanking- slurry or bitumen

Andy B

Hello Chaps,

Just about to tank a damp cellar in a house of mine.

Any opinion on what type of tanking to use- slurry or bitumen?

I have used bitumen tanking before with good results in damp stone walls.

Thanks,

Andy

Personally ld go for a two coat cement based tanking system something like Sovereign Hey-di system, especially if there is hydrostatic pressure- water pressure through the walls. Correct preparation and products is key as always.

Personally ld go for a two coat cement based tanking system something like Sovereign Hey-di system, especially if there is hydrostatic pressure- water pressure through the walls. Correct preparation and products is key as always.
Many thanks I will look into that stuff, cheers.

I’ve
got a question I’ve knocked off some damp walls injected with dpc and used a slurry on most of the walls for extra protection agains damp would renovating plaster be ok on the walls without the tanking slurry if the walls were mostly bad with rising damp

If the walls have been subject to rising damp and you have installed a remedial dpc, the main issue you are left with is residual moisture and salts. A renovating plaster designed for damp walls is the way to go, applying a anti- sulphate to neutralise the salts, prime with SBR and plaster away.