tanking membrane

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://constructionchemicals.co.uk/acatalog/tanking_membrane.html
what do yous think on this for a damp proof??? seen a fella doing it at a job the other day. nocked back plaster 1m high, drilled holes and injected. naild this stuff in place, cut plasterboard to size and fixed straight over using the plastic fixings it comes with, said alls we have to do now is tape up and skim. f**k i could of done that!!

anybody used it?? any does or don't s or places to get it cheap from. he said he can supply it for £240 thers 40m on a roll.

Just done a job with the mesh membrane this week, got to board and skim it next week. It's good stuff, dead easy to use and there's good money in it too.

Got about 25m2 left over plus approx 350 fixing plugs if anyone wants to buy any?

There's loads of different brands of it out there, but they're all pretty similar. Make sure you get a clear one so you can see the position of any cables/pipes underneath it, on the job I just did I drilled around 900 holes to fix it to the wall, and if it wasn't for it being transparent I reckon the chances are I'd have drilled through a cable/pipe!

MFW said:
Just done a job with the mesh membrane this week, got to board and skim it next week. It's good stuff, dead easy to use and there's good money in it too.

Got about 25m2 left over plus approx 350 fixing plugs if anyone wants to buy any?

There's loads of different brands of it out there, but they're all pretty similar. Make sure you get a clear one so you can see the position of any cables/pipes underneath it, on the job I just did I drilled around 900 holes to fix it to the wall, and if it wasn't for it being transparent I reckon the chances are I'd have drilled through a cable/pipe!

ill keep that in mind cheers mate. where abouts are you how much you looking for??

I'm in Glossop, NW Derbyshire - about 15 miles East of Manchester. Looking for about £200 including fixing plugs, sealing washers, and joining tape.

Status
Not open for further replies.