Tanking general questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, we have just done the floorboards, they have unusually large cavities underneath (it was a pain to do joists and floors up and down it) so plenty of room for them. I'll get on that. Thanks.

The reason I ask is because they look high, do they come through and go below the sub floor? To have an infestation or decay of the sub floor where you need to rip the lot out is because of the high moisture content of the timbers. So simply replacing the floor isn't fixing the problem.....it will happen again. Did you measure the moisture content of the timbers?

The reason I ask is because they look high, do they come through and go below the sub floor? To have an infestation or decay of the sub floor where you need to rip the lot out is because of the high moisture content of the timbers. So simply replacing the floor isn't fixing the problem.....it will happen again. Did you measure the moisture content of the timbers?

Sorry I missed this and I've been so busy lately.

The decay in the sub floor was caused by woodworm but no we didn't measure the moisture so it could have been damp as well. All of the wood has been binned so I couldn't check now. On the front there is like a decorative cement fixing on the bricks which is partially why the front vents are a bit higher, not sure why its there so I guess I'd have to take that off.

Its been a while since I've done both rooms now. The front has been replastered and no signs of damp coming through, the back has shown no signs of damp though there appears to be a little sulphate coming through though a really tiny amount so I'm not worried. Recently acquired a damp meter and went around the place and it isn't showing any readings (unlike my rented flat that I know has damp problems so I figure the meter is at least somewhat accurate for the £25 it cost).

Status
Not open for further replies.