Talk to me about....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wezly

Power floats, im after something for scraping back mono, and maybe floating up s/c. What's your experience of them, and what's a good one to get? Do pft do one or did I imagine that? Thanks.

The filtzomat . See if u can hire one first . I've used one on s&c and was spot on. It had the pad for mono but never used it

That's the one I've seen, done a few hard scrapes in my time but would still be reluctant to use that bad boy

Seems crazy to me. Cant control to detail with that beast can you?
I'm sure i remember @Nicklearse saying he has one, and was ok if your careful. Got a few acres of mono to scratch up in big straight runs , I'm hoping to make it a bit easier for myself.

Last edited by a moderator:
on another thread we are discussing the use of hedgehogs. not sure how you can attach them to the power float though.................:RpS_unsure:

yeah iv got one. good on mono, specially when its hard and does get it pretty flat. just got be careful not to dig in coz it will chew a big hole in the wall. the float attachment is good, used on hardwall and cpi. can be heavy on the arms tho sometimes. sponge is good on cpi and mp75. stuart/southernmonkey/machineplasteringuk and blones use them also. and @grump has used mine. might be able to give some opinions

Last edited by a moderator:
What powers the Filzomat? Electric motor or compressed air. Saw one on a Blones vid but my worry is press too hard and you could separate the coats.

Status
Not open for further replies.