tacking lids?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smurth1984

Hi guys how hard is it to tack lids with 9.5mm board with those board mates n e tips as my work mate broke his leg and im on ma jack :RpS_cursing:
N e advise or help tacking lids would be great:RpS_thumbsup:

Use six by three sheets, very light, or if you have the 8x4 ,make a couple of deadmans to prop them up. Or another tip is to screw a batten across the end edge over the last board so that the new sheet slots in there and will take the weight that end.

i was told that they had stopped the manufactureof 9.5mm boards as they are not up to building regs. standard.

Sounds good got some of those board mates look quite good youtube them. Been left right in the lurch

If you aint got the boards yet and are using 9.5mm anyway save youself the strain and just buy handy boards 1200x900 and easy peasy by ya self

Hi guys how hard is it to tack lids with 9.5mm board with those board mates n e tips as my work mate broke his leg and im on ma jack :RpS_cursing:
N e advise or help tacking lids would be great:RpS_thumbsup:

Yes...........it's just as quick to write 'any' :RpS_thumbup:

Here to help marra :)

or get yourself a board lifter ....

board lifter.jpg

Yeah carnt wait to for out £££ for a board lifter and take it down for each room while im there il get a lorry to carry it around with me yeah carnt wait :RpS_sneaky:

Yeah carnt wait to for out £££ for a board lifter and take it down for each room while im there il get a lorry to carry it around with me yeah carnt wait :RpS_sneaky:

they put up and take down nee botha actually and they will fit in the back of most if not all small vans i have one don't use it all the time but they are very handy and you can buy an extension for your screw gun so you don't even have to get on and off a hop up

not expensive at all
it does make easy work of it esp if you dont have help but in the right place ...some rooms too small to bother with
does fold up or come apart ....would go in sm van .

understand your situation :RpS_thumbup:

in that case 1800x900 boards best bet....deadman or props to help...

Done one last week, on me own 6x3s, if you know your joist spacings Mark out your board and put your screws into the board before you lift it into place.
Get your board up, grab your gun And drive the screws home! Saves tryin to hold board, gun and feckin about trying to hold screws in place without n e hassle:RpS_biggrin:

Last edited:
Got a decent size job on at the min and whilst ordering the gear the lads are saying 150 6x3s for the cielings are u mad? No because while they are doing something else id just plod on with them and my plasterboard prop and just throw em up mate easy. Take ur time and all will be well.... AS for 4x3s might be easyier and less lifting but am not in for boarding cielings with 4x3s and loads of joints. Suppose it preference though...

If you aint got the boards yet and are using 9.5mm anyway save youself the strain and just buy handy boards 1200x900 and easy peasy by ya self

haha my uncle wrote "mine" on all his tools! he was crackers he's dead now but some old boy he was x

6x3's? 4x3's? hes not the one with a broken leg! Theres' something wrong if you can't throw a 8x4 sheet up on the ceiling on your own, especially when you can knock up a deadman within a couple of minutes out of some batton.

6x3's? 4x3's? hes not the one with a broken leg! Theres' something wrong if you can't throw a 8x4 sheet up on the ceiling on your own, especially when you can knock up a deadman within a couple of minutes out of some batton.
Yea...fookin pooftas not being able to handle a poncey 8X4 .Wezly, i bet you da man .:RpS_blink:

Just get 15mm soundbloc or fireline they are great fun on your own! But seriously use 12.5mm those 9.5mm boards bend too much and if your not quick enough they will snap, 15mm are much easier if you can handle the weight imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.