Swinhoe from Blyth.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Swinhoe

Hi all, been reading all the good posts and it brought back a few memories. I'm a third generation Plasterer from Blyth in Northumberland. Grandfather 1930's to 80's and my Father 1955 to 1994. Dads in his late 70's and he taught me in the early 80's.
I've seen some big changes in the trade and see a lot of this sponge finishing has taken off. A lot of it learnt from abroad, Germany and others. It's been good reading all your posts. Thank you.
I'm not Plastering now as I hit some bad times recessions and now bad health. Keep up the good work lads, and stay safe.

Welcome mate, nice part of the country too, spent a lot of time out that way as a nipper.Hope ya luck changes too.

holyshit balls..............your a mackem........................:RpS_scared:

artisan ,many years ago 3 of us came through to newcastle for a football match,we went for a pint, in a pub called i think the strawberry behind the gallowgate end ,it was like a penguin colony inside just black and white scarfs/hats etc everywhere,could also have been a holding pen for durham prison,anyhoooo drink was going down well when some evil looking bastards came over and asked if we were from sunderland we said no, asked if we were from middlesboro we said no ,they said where you from we said carlisle, that was it we were okay , got us some drinks and had good crack with them,but i think if had been a mackem definately different outcome,anyhooo thats when i first heard the phrase mackem

Hi and welcome m8, gr8 banter here and it does help to have summat wrong to fit in ;), hope ya health recovers m8".

artisan ,many years ago 3 of us came through to newcastle for a football match,we went for a pint, in a pub called i think the strawberry behind the gallowgate end ,it was like a penguin colony inside just black and white scarfs/hats etc everywhere,could also have been a holding pen for durham prison,anyhoooo drink was going down well when some evil looking bastards came over and asked if we were from sunderland we said no, asked if we were from middlesboro we said no ,they said where you from we said carlisle, that was it we were okay , got us some drinks and had good crack with them,but i think if had been a mackem definately different outcome,anyhooo thats when i first heard the phrase mackem

Aye marra, the strawberry can be abit intimidating if they dont know ya, specially on match day. good to see you got out alive though.....................:RpS_thumbup:

A mug be buggered lol. No thanks lol. I just got two massive pots for my 50th and there's no space in the cupboard.
Reading about the Newcastle/Mackum thing made me laugh.
I used to hate working south of the Tyne years ago. But had to do it as they were the ones that won contracts with cheap prices.
its no fun working ya b*ll***s off for next to nowt.
Dont know how I survived on a Oxo a bag of crisps and a Mars bar for bait those days.

No there won't be a forth generation spreader. He's getting "A stars for Biology and Science, and I told him to stay well away from building sites. The state of work available, and no work at all through the years didn't get my Dad or Grandad anywhere in life.
And the dust hasn't been good for any of us.
If we had of been working down the mines we would have done alright out of it. Claims and benefits wise. But hey ho!

No there won't be a forth generation spreader. He's getting "A stars for Biology and Science, and I told him to stay well away from building sites. The state of work available, and no work at all through the years didn't get my Dad or Grandad anywhere in life.
And the dust hasn't been good for any of us.
If we had of been working down the mines we would have done alright out of it. Claims and benefits wise. But hey ho!

cant blame u for that 3 generations is enoughe hardship

Status
Not open for further replies.